2015 Tahoe LTZ Air Conditioner Condenser Leak (Frustrated)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, i checked the internet for this problem as it doesn't seem right to me that a car that's 2 years old would have an A/C unit go down. I drive my car all the time, i have two kids that play travel hockey and mine is the goto car, so i put 50k miles on in 2 1/2 years, which of course puts my Tahoe out of warranty for this item. With that said, this should not have happened being two years old, and the dealer is telling me the parts are on back order and he doesn't know when it will be coming in, so they pumped freon into it to charge it back up, but he assured me it will leak back out. So here is my question... if the parts are on back order from the manufacturer, that tells me that it's a wide spread issue, if it's a wide spread issue, why isn't there a recall on this? He's telling me I'm looking at $800 not including taxes and that should GM decide to issue a recall I could possibly get my money back, this really annoys me to no end. I had an Avalanche before this Tahoe and I loved it, unfortunately the engine got a crack in the cylinder and it died on me at 141k miles, now this with the Tahoe. I think i'm done with GM/Chevy if they can't rectify this properly and real soon.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're certainly not alone with this issue and what you were told is correct- the part is on backorder and nobody knows when they're next on the list.

Is this condenser some new/unique design? What's so special about it that a similar condenser from another vehicle can't be retrofitted? I'm no A/C expert, but my initial thought is that there's gotta be a condenser similar enough in size with the same sized fittings. Sure, it may require some minor cutting of the core support and/or fabrication of brackets to mount it. But, at least people would have air conditioning in their 2-year-old, $50K+ vehicles.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was down for 35 days waiting for the condenser. Now, three days after I get mine fixed I was told that we are now able to use the condenser from the single cab pickups which is readily available. Basically you're waiting on part number 84211191 which is on back order but your dealer can install part number 84243590 which is readily available, i believe i have one or two in stock now. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

OP
OP
D

DonnyO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was down for 35 days waiting for the condenser. Now, three days after I get mine fixed I was told that we are now able to use the condenser from the single cab pickups which is readily available. Basically you're waiting on part number 84211191 which is on back order but your dealer can install part number 84243590 which is readily available, i believe i have one or two in stock now. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

Awesome, i'm going to call the dealer right now to let him know this.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score

go figure, that's what happens when you make too many models. used to be whether you had a truck, hoe or burb, the only differences were behind the B-pillar., different front ends, bumpers , grills trims is ********, K.I.S.S. ( keep it simple stupid). wait til that part number gets out!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kkkkpppp