2015 Tahoe 4x4 trans repair.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems my 6L85 tarns is doing what is described as a junk torque converter from GM.The Tahoe is going in in Jan,2021 to be re re built after GM repaired it under warranty 2 years ago.It did not cure the vibration that I felt at various speeds,but now turns out to be a poorly designed torque converter causing the problem.So now i get to have the trans rebuilt at my expense due to cheaply made parts from GM .The rebuild will use higher quality components and a NEW non GM torque converter.Currently it has 85,000 KM. and as said earlier it was rebuilt due to severe shaking which it did fix but always had this cyclic vibration which was very annoying to me.I have had work done at this trans. shop before and they are very honest .It seems they do at least 3-4 6L80-90 trans a month due to the poorly designed torque converter causing drivability issues.

OP
OP
G

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my Tahoe back today to the tune of 2800.00 CAN.Re and Re trans,master overhaul kit ,strip down replace some bushings,1 TCC valve kit,1 Pressure Reg.valve kit,oil as factory is composite,wears quick and leaks.New torque converter all non GM parts.Oil and filters and transfer case oil change. I asked about the 8 spd. and 10 spd. and he said that none of the trans are built very strong and Ford is no better just to many corners cut for cost as opposed to strength and durability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645