2015 PPV Need Suspension help - PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Kincaid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2015 PPV with 84K miles and was told it was in good shape.

Had it shipped out here to Texas and had a local trusted shop give it a look over.

The thing vibrates and has a shake at mid speeds, the tires were shot so I had them replaced but its still shakes and is very rough. The ball joints are going to need replacing soon but the suspension is a problem. Someone posted he installed Bilstein shocks, but their website site says not for Police model.

So, here’s my problem, do I buy Monroe struts or replace the suspension from an LT?

I am clueless on how to proceed.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2015 PPV with 84K miles and was told it was in good shape.

Had it shipped out here to Texas and had a local trusted shop give it a look over.

The thing vibrates and has a shake at mid speeds, the tires were shot so I had them replaced but its still shakes and is very rough. The ball joints are going to need replacing soon but the suspension is a problem. Someone posted he installed Bilstein shocks, but their website site says not for Police model.

So, here’s my problem, do I buy Monroe struts or replace the suspension from an LT?

I am clueless on how to proceed.
Your vibration could be a bent rim - the police steel wheels see a lot of abuse. What load range tires did you go with?

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2019/chevy-shake-lawsuit-aluminum-driveshafts.shtml

Last edited:

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not replace the shocks with PPV shocks? Why would you by a PPV and soften the ride. It’s a bumpy ride, but corners like a corvette.

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go easy, he probably bought the PPV for some of the other things it offers but would rather forego the harsh ride. Even a corvette doesnt ride as rough as a PPV. If i were him id go with non-ppv shocks first, and if that didnt do it, go with LT springs. Im sure those can be had on various markets.

OP
OP
Steve Kincaid

Steve Kincaid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not that I have to explain myself, I bought the PPV because I thought I was getting a good deal. I was in fact lied too by Asian Auto regarding the condition of the Tahoe.

I wanted the Police version because of the interior, I plan on using it to show my dog at events. I sometimes need to take my wife’s dog, a very hyper Golden Retriever that has already shredded a door panel on my New Sierra Denali.

I have already replaced the tires, but the thing still has a vibration/shake and mid speeds. The shop told me I am also going to be needing ball joints, so I opened the useless question regarding changing the suspension.

OP
OP
Steve Kincaid

Steve Kincaid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go easy, he probably bought the PPV for some of the other things it offers but would rather forego the harsh ride. Even a corvette doesnt ride as rough as a PPV. If i were him id go with non-ppv shocks first, and if that didnt do it, go with LT springs. Im sure those can be had on various markets.
Hi, I was asking for help because I don’t know what I can and can’t do.

Someone mentioned Bilstein shocks which I agree are some of the best, but they’re not listed for PPV’s

I don’t know if I can simply throw in a pair listed for a LS or replace the front struts from a LS model.

That’s why I was asking for help from someone who has been down this road before.

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
start with the shocks first, i believe someone else has done it and posted links to the parts he used, do a search.

OP
OP
Steve Kincaid

Steve Kincaid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
start with the shocks first, i believe someone else has done it and posted links to the parts he used, do a search.
Thanks, I did see that but when you go the Bilstein web site they all say, "without Police package"
I sent a PM to the person that posted the thread but never heard back from him.
Monroe is the only replacement strut/shocks I can find.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony @NORCAL SS is the suspension guru and can probably listen to what you want and tell you which combination will get you there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan