2015 GMC Denali Lemon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSXTurbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All! Would love to hear your guys take on this and really any direction you can give.

Bought a 2015 Denali 1.5 years ago from the dealer. It was a certified vehicle with 37k on it with the extended CPO warranty. Picked it up on a Saturday and halfway home the thing starts shaking like crazy. Call them when I get home and they are about to close and said to bring it in Monday. Bring it in Monday they said the computer needed to be reprogrammed, picked it up, was doing the same thing, brought it back they said the tires needed to be road forced balanced, picked it up again, still doing it, brought it back they said the fluid in the dif needed to be replaced. That took away maybe 99% of the shaking.

2 weeks later the door appliques start peeling, took it back to have them replaced.

1 month later the crash sensor in the front goes bad, spends a week at the dealer.

a few weeks later the power running boards stop working

At this point I'm done with this truck but instead of calling it a lemon they offer me a free 2 year extended CPO warranty. I think about it for a while and agree to take it.

Since buying it I've been to the dealer no less than 12 times. So here I am 1.5 years later with about 55k on it and it's back at the dealer for a week now because one of the lifters collapsed and they are waiting on parts to get it fixed.

I've called the sales manager multiple times along with a couple emails to talk about getting out of this thing and into maybe a newer one. I haven't heard back and I'm afraid I'm going to get totally screwed.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any thoughts? I appreciate any insight.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, that completely sucks and sounds like it may have been a lemon rig that was turned in and they resold it. No telling, even with the low miles on it when you bought it, how it was treated by the previous owner(s).

Welcome to the forum and be sure to keep us in the loop about this problem. Post pics when you can, on this one or whatever may replace it.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trade it in before the warranty runs out. They should give you top dollar for it since it’s always been dealer serviced and they know the vehicle.

Lots of repairs is not a lemon. A lemon is when the same problem keeps reoccurring or can’t be solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most states do not allow Lemon law on the vehicles that were previously titled even CPO, does not matter. Lemon attorneys would not even talk to used owners.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ask for a copy of the service records? Any dealership can run that for you, I tell anyone buying a car/truck from a dealership to request that info, that way you can see any problems that may have occured. You may need to find a new dealership, some are WAY better than others at repair issues

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All very common issues for a 15. You’ll find no shortage of those complaints on this forum.

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All! Would love to hear your guys take on this and really any direction you can give.

Bought a 2015 Denali 1.5 years ago from the dealer. It was a certified vehicle with 37k on it with the extended CPO warranty. Picked it up on a Saturday and halfway home the thing starts shaking like crazy. Call them when I get home and they are about to close and said to bring it in Monday. Bring it in Monday they said the computer needed to be reprogrammed, picked it up, was doing the same thing, brought it back they said the tires needed to be road forced balanced, picked it up again, still doing it, brought it back they said the fluid in the dif needed to be replaced. That took away maybe 99% of the shaking.

2 weeks later the door appliques start peeling, took it back to have them replaced.

1 month later the crash sensor in the front goes bad, spends a week at the dealer.

a few weeks later the power running boards stop working

At this point I'm done with this truck but instead of calling it a lemon they offer me a free 2 year extended CPO warranty. I think about it for a while and agree to take it.

Since buying it I've been to the dealer no less than 12 times. So here I am 1.5 years later with about 55k on it and it's back at the dealer for a week now because one of the lifters collapsed and they are waiting on parts to get it fixed.

I've called the sales manager multiple times along with a couple emails to talk about getting out of this thing and into maybe a newer one. I haven't heard back and I'm afraid I'm going to get totally screwed.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any thoughts? I appreciate any insight.
Open a case with GM Customer Service!!! Have the case escalated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9