2015 February and after build VIN or FR number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see it as a big deal. GM is making it right without any fight.

Tranny comes in, I drop the truck off and get it back the next day.
Our truck only has a couple thousand miles on it, so a new one would be more of a PITA to remove and re-add our accessories.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my brand new Denali today. 6 miles on it. So far so great. No click or clunking and much more refined programming. I've got about 30 miles on it so far.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my brand new Denali today. 6 miles on it. So far so great. No click or clunking and much more refined programming. I've got about 30 miles on it so far.
That Is what you said last time and you have to get another ,thanks for been TYF testing guy keep testing .
Let us know in few weeks when you order next car.
Lol I'm all must pull the trigger and trade my car and get another but after this new fiasco will wait up to 2016 come out and get one.
[emoji19]

sssqueue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 February and after build VIN or FR numb

Congrats motor. Hoping for you all the bugs are worked out. Did you ever get the info on the specific changes?

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Is what you said last time and you have to get another ,thanks for been TYF testing guy keep testing .
Let us know in few weeks when you order next car.
Lol I'm all must pull the trigger and trade my car and get another but after this new fiasco will wait up to 2016 come out and get one.
[emoji19]

Sure thing! As long as it doesn't cost me a dime and I get that new car smell again....why not?

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats motor. Hoping for you all the bugs are worked out. Did you ever get the info on the specific changes?

For sure there's all new clutch caps (as used on the Corvette Z0-6 variant), tighter clearances and more refined programming. I noticed that the safety alert seat vibrates quite a bit stronger than the previous one. It's kinda annoying really...but I guess that's the point right? They finally released the illuminated "GMC" sill plates which light up in red when you open the front doors. It generally "feels" a bit tighter...but some of that is surely psychological and of course, my previous one had nearly 4,000 miles on it when they took it back.

Much better paint and body gap finish vs. my previous two. Also, that area of carpeting behind the second row seating has been corrected (they just added more carpeting). The rear third row power seats fold nearly flat now (compared to a slight tilt with my previous two). I DID notice significantly less chassis "flutter" than previous....all of my Denali's had the factory 22" wheels and Bridgestone tires.

I'm still testing and observing so more notes on the way..

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded a Denali XL loaded 10/14 build with 15,000 miles for a Denali XL 3/15 build with the exact same options - much much better and all of the observations from Motorwerks I totally agree with.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why some of you guys are trading same year for same year for simple improvements. I'm thinking all of it is in your heads because you are looking for problems and over scrutinizing a simple GM line built cookie cutter truck. It's not a Bentley.
IMO, our Denali is as tight as a nuns...
There is nothing for me to criticize.

If you are going to trade, and take any kind of depreciation hit, you might as well lessen the inevitable depression and order a 16'. When the 16' MY comes out, there will be more improvements again.
For whatever the small improvements are, know that rolling improvements are nothing new, and that they will continue from here to eternity.

I guess everyone has a different value system. To me, it's a car that will be replaced in a three short years for the next big thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trading the vehicle cost me nothing - that was the value equation. GM is very aware of the issues, and the FR63 series on have changes that make it a different truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo