Trying to find the stamped / forged (not printed) VIN number on the GMC Yukon 2015 body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilosCuculovic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a GMC Yukon 5.3 from 2015 and I need to find the forged / stamped VIN number on the truck body.
I am living in France and the local authorities do not recognise the printed stickers as good enough for VIN identification.

Any idea where this could be found? I have checked under the hood, on the driver side above the firewall, there is nothing. Also on the passenger side the metal bar going under the doors, there is also nothing there. It is rather tricky to find it as the truck was protected for rust underside, so whenever I need to look for the VIN, I need to sand the rust protection first.

Thank you very much for your help.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a GMC Yukon 5.3 from 2015 and I need to find the forged / stamped VIN number on the truck body.
I am living in France and the local authorities do not recognise the printed stickers as good enough for VIN identification.

Any idea where this could be found? I have checked under the hood, on the driver side above the firewall, there is nothing. Also on the passenger side the metal bar going under the doors, there is also nothing there. It is rather tricky to find it as the truck was protected for rust underside, so whenever I need to look for the VIN, I need to sand the rust protection first.

Thank you very much for your help.
In Russia, they also fill in the VIN number with something thick, like mastic. It is located approximately in the middle of the right front door, on the frame. But to see it you have to lie down on the ground. If it is flooded, it will take a long time to clean it. But it could also be destroyed. This is a common problem for us.

OP
OP
MilosCuculovic

MilosCuculovic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In Russia, they also fill in the VIN number with something thick, like mastic. It is located approximately in the middle of the right front door, on the frame. But to see it you have to lie down on the ground. If it is flooded, it will take a long time to clean it. But it could also be destroyed. This is a common problem for us.
Thanks Vladimir!
I saw a thread about where the VIN is meant to be located for the Russian market and I was trying to remove all elements (mastic) from the big metal bar going from the back to the front of the truck, under both doors on the passenger side, but didn't find anything. There are for sure stamped VINs somewhere, as police / insurance companies need them in case the vehicle is stolen or similar.

Would you have a picture on where this VIN is meant to be located. Is it on the ground side of the metal bar, or on the lateral side? Maybe with the picture, showing the position I could try to dig a bit more into.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Vladimir!
I saw a thread about where the VIN is meant to be located for the Russian market and I was trying to remove all elements (mastic) from the big metal bar going from the back to the front of the truck, under both doors on the passenger side, but didn't find anything. There are for sure stamped VINs somewhere, as police / insurance companies need them in case the vehicle is stolen or similar.

Would you have a picture on where this VIN is meant to be located. Is it on the ground side of the metal bar, or on the lateral side? Maybe with the picture, showing the position I could try to dig a bit more into.
1693904872280.png
I found a picture, though in Russian. The bottom line is that the American VIN is under the rear right door, apparently, behind the threshold mechanism.
If it's not there, then it's probably already rotten. Unfortunately, this is a common problem for GM vehicles in Europe and Russia. In Russia, for this, an examination is made and the VIN is applied again.

OP
OP
MilosCuculovic

MilosCuculovic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are Wellcome. Yukon in France))))
When I traveled across Europe to Tahoe, people in small cars were afraid of cars of such sizes, and constantly photographed))
Yeah, it is something driving with such cars, especially in France where people stick to tiny Peugeot / Citroen cars :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts