2015 February and after build VIN or FR number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting another 2015 Denali and I want to make sure that it will not have the exhaust issue, antenna issue, and the tighter tolerances for the 8 speed transmission. My understanding is that February 2015 builds on have the new/redesigned parts.

I am looking for the FR number or the first two numbers after the FR in the VINs of these February and after builds.

Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I am getting rid of my 10/14 build as well.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

So just curious - is the new one better?

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm told that it is; for one thing..all new trans again (more similar to the Z06 configuration and programming), updates with regard to the noise buffeting issue as well. Several electrical updates. One of my clients is one of the chief electrical engineer at the Arlington Plant who clued me in. Mine arrives next week.

sssqueue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@motorworks, interesting information. Did your client give you any detail on the changes, particularly the buffeting?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stopped by my dealer, and they placed an order for a new tranny. They seemed to know exactly what was going on..
Thanks Satish, I'm glad I checked in this month....

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting another 2015 Denali and I want to make sure that it will not have the exhaust issue, antenna issue, and the tighter tolerances for the 8 speed transmission. My understanding is that February 2015 builds on have the new/redesigned parts.

I am looking for the FR number or the first two numbers after the FR in the VINs of these February and after builds.

Thank you in advance.

DO you order a Denali or SLT?

:hmmm2:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I just stopped by my dealer, and they placed an order for a new tranny. They seemed to know exactly what was going on..
Thanks Satish, I'm glad I checked in this month....

Wait you tranny is not good?

:hmmm2:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like all of the early 8 speed transmissions clunk.
I don't drive it, but I asked my wife if she hears a clunk from time to time, and she said it clunks often.
So, new transmission coming.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like all of the early 8 speed transmissions clunk.
I don't drive it, but I asked my wife if she hears a clunk from time to time, and she said it clunks often.
So, new transmission coming.

Wow this must be a nightmare, all must trade may truck last week but my wife ask me to wait for 16 or 17 to come out with must update done already.

:roflbow:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo