2015+ Escalade taillight on a 2006 Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpThomass

Reaction score
For starters, I have a 2006 GMC Yukon denali XL, stock LQ4 6.0L engine, body is stock as well.

my question is, can you put the stock 2015+ Cadillac Escalade lights onto my 2006 Yukon denali XL?

Also, yes I know that they won’t fit normally, they’re not the same size. However, if they’re was some heavy body modification involved, could you get it to fit? They are able to fit the 2007-2014 models (Suburban, Yukon, and Escalades).

i know this sounds like a dumb question, but I’ve seen crazy ones and even crazier mods done to these trucks. I just figured I’d entertain the thought and idea a little lol.

Thank you in advanced.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would take ALOT of body work to change the shape of the rear d pillars to get the Escalade lights to fit. You’d have to get the curve in between the tail light and vent cover just right and the stretch where the tail light meets the upper portion of the quarter panels would need som serious modification. Also I think it would look hideous. Just my opinion. I don’t even like the Escalade tail lights on the 2015 and newer escalades. And when I see them on the gmt900 suvs it just doesn’t look right. Can’t imagine it would look any better on a 2006, which by the way is Exaclty what I have, a 2006 Yukon Xl Denali. The better route that would look so much cleaner in my opinion is to get some aftermarket spyder or SpecD LED tails that specifically fit your truck and call it a day. There’s lots of different LED designs available for this gen suv that look really good. Myself and a couple other members have these tails:

2AC544DA-C408-4C33-9B24-AF8885160A2B.jpeg
An older pic of my truck before the front level kit and taller tires but you get the idea of the tails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpThomass

SpThomass

Reaction score
Adventurenali92, i was literally looking at your build thread before i got the reply update on my thread lol, but yeah im not sure if it would look the greatest, and there are way better looking aftermarket lights that specifically.

I just thought I'd entertain the thought a little and see what others opinions are on the idea. So I appreciate it.

On a side note though, i think your 3rd brake light, the escalade one you have on yours looks dope.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adventurenali92, i was literally looking at your build thread before i got the reply update on my thread lol, but yeah im not sure if it would look the greatest, and there are way better looking aftermarket lights that specifically.

I just thought I'd entertain the thought a little and see what others opinions are on the idea. So I appreciate it.

On a side note though, i think your 3rd brake light, the escalade one you have on yours looks dope.
Appreciate the compliments! I love the esky third brake light mod. Ties in the look with the esky roof racks and pillar covers. Plus I like having third brake light that lights up all the way across. Looks good at night. My truck has come along way since I bought it stock. Lol. Thanks for checking out the build thread!

I agree there are so many options out there for aftermarket LED tails and most are complete plug and play so it’s a simple install and you’re off and running.

OP
OP
SpThomass

SpThomass

Reaction score
How long have you been building the truck? I got mine in December of last year, and since im in school, its been slow and steady in modifying and replacing parts.

Also whats the most difficult thing you've had to fix/replace on your Denali? For me I had to replace the entire cooling system lol.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you been building the truck? I got mine in December of last year, and since im in school, its been slow and steady in modifying and replacing parts.

Also whats the most difficult thing you've had to fix/replace on your Denali? For me I had to replace the entire cooling system lol.
school as in high school or college?
Bought my truck in February of 2015 so just over 5 years I’ve had it. Absolutely love it. It’s had its challenges but there’s so much knowledge here that’s helped me a ton. I think the hardest think I’ve tackled myself was probably the valve cover gaskets and servicing my front and rear diffs. Neither were particularly difficult I just had never done either job before so they were a bit of learning curves. Fortunately the only thing cooling related I’ve had to do so far was drain and flush the radiator out and put fresh coolant in. But I’m gonna keep going. Hopefully a new paint job will be coming soon.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a lot cheaper and easier ways to ruin your vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs