2014 SSV has cruise control but doesn’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 SSV, the crummy steering wheel on my truck has the Cruise control set up, and to the best of my knowledge is the original wheel from factory.

I Tried using it this past Friday and it doesn’t work.

Is this something that needs to be connected? Programmed or I just have to start poking around.

I do want to get the leather wheel with cruise and radio functions but currently putting my funds into other needed things on the truck.

cruise would be nice with this wheel for now.

thx

Paul

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cruise control went out when my brake switch(on the pedal) was bad. Replaced the switch and all was good.
I believe it was throwing a code, but no check engine light shows. so if you are able to pull codes(most parts stores can pull them if you need)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any problem with brake lights, brake switch, or led tail lights without a load resistor will disable the cruise.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cruise control went out when my brake switch(on the pedal) was bad. Replaced the switch and all was good.
I believe it was throwing a code, but no check engine light shows. so if you are able to pull codes(most parts stores can pull them if you need)

Seconding this, had the same issue with my last Tahoe. Pressing the brake pedal deactivates the cruise, so when that switch in the pedal goes out you can’t use the cruise. It’s an $8 part that only requires 10 minutes to replace:

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D1539J-Original-Equipment-Switch/dp/B001KSGJKQ

I’m pretty sure there are tutorials on this forum if you search.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any problem with brake lights, brake switch, or led tail lights without a load resistor will disable the cruise.

I just double checked to make sure but All brake lights work fine, including Hazzard’s (4ways), turn signals.

I did have to silicone my rubber grommet that the 3rd brake light harness goes thru into the truck last week as the plastic piece was cracked under the rubber piece and water was leaking into the back of the truck.

Hmmm

Paul

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On some of the SSV the cruise controls were not activated for some odd reasons.
Do you know if it’s just a simple connection either at the steering wheel or further under the dash?

Thanks

Paul

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just double checked to make sure but All brake lights work fine, including Hazzard’s (4ways), turn signals.

I did have to silicone my rubber grommet that the 3rd brake light harness goes thru into the truck last week as the plastic piece was cracked under the rubber piece and water was leaking into the back of the truck.

Hmmm

Paul

all my lights worked fine as well,

I got to thinking, I'd make sure that it actually came with cruise control, and someone didn't just swap a steering wheel.
someone here will know how to run the RPO codes in the glove box.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely its the brake light switch. Had the same issue where all lights worked fine and no check engine light, but did see the code for the brake light switch when using my scanner.View attachment 232620

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons