2014 PPV - what's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9medic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to get an idea...

What is the value of a 2014 PPV with 111K on it nowadays?

It's in really good condition with a stock center console. No body damage, no cracks or holes in the dash, new tires. A hitch has been added.

This was a supervisors vehicle in Texas. Only two holes in the roof which currently have antennas in them. Spotlight was removed and a color matched cover plate was installed.

Last edited:

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get an idea...

What is the value of a 2104 PPV with 111K on it nowadays?

It's in really good condition with a stock center console. No body damage, no cracks or holes in the dash, new tires. A hitch has been added.

This was a supervisors vehicle in Texas. Only two holes in the roof which currently have antennas in them. Spotlight was removed and a color matched cover plate was installed.

Millions, especially Chevy's competition would love to get their hands on a 2104 PPV ;)

Ron

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA!

Fixed it.

I don't see the fix.....

But, a good guide line probably is looking at what a real basic Tahoe costs. I noticed that people in general stay away from them. If you find one that is not used as a rented mule, doesn't have too many mods/holes you could check kelly blue book for a guide line.

You could look at holes as "damage, hail, bullet holes etc...) Interior, trim pieces can be replaced. If you'd look at KB in the "poor" category you might have an idea.

I found one in a really good shape. "Only" two holes in the roof, and no mods to the interior really. The mileage was very low (65k) and never an accident etc. That and, everything "heavy duty, brakes, cooling, horse power mpg etc etc.)

I had been looking for a while, a "regular Tahoe, with 150k miles (more than twice as much) that's 5-7 years old, still goes for 30k-35k. and I think that is pretty steep.
They are less expensive because people stay away from them, but like anything else, you just have to be patient to find a "good one". I would stay away from the ones that have body modifications, and those that were K9 units... but that's just me.

Thing is, you can buy a mechanically sound SSV/PPV for a pretty good price, and update things that make it nicer. replace trim panels that have holes, install a nice console, update radio... etc etc. and they are pretty easy to do that to.

as for what it is worth.. that just depends. I thank the market is the defining factor, what are people actually willing to pay for it, as with anything else. I usually go by, it's a good deal when it is worth more to you then what you pay for it.

just my 2 cnts

Ron

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hazard a guess in the $16K-$18K range. Probably closer to the $16K end since it has over the 'magic' 100K miles on the clock. Most vehicles usually drop about $2000-$5000 once they cross the 100K-mile threshold. That's really nothing these days, though, and most service vehicles receive pretty decent service.

We paid $17K for our '10 PPV 4-5 years ago. It was also a supervisor's car with only two antenna holes in the roof and a lightly-worn interior with ~85K miles on the odometer. As noted by the reseller, the back seat looked to have never been sat in.

It's been a great truck, and my wife's DD since it rolled off the shipper's trailer.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CrashTestDummy Regarding the backseat, do they not take out the factory seat and install a partition/cage? That could explain why the backseat's new after they remove the police gear.

@k9medic We paid about $15K Canadian on our '14 PPV with 200K Km on it. Truck was a former OPP vehicle that saw service north of Toronto. I've since put another 50K on it with regular maintenance.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Na
No Way

Way over priced.

6k tops TOPS

checkout rene bates auctions.
Thats were I got my PPV. 2007 with only 81,000 miles.

The city of Allen TX just sold 8 Police tahoes mileage ranged from 110,000 to about 130,000 miles and year models from 2011 to 2014 they all sold for 4500 to 5500 each.

I would not spend a penny more than about 4k on a nice PPV Tahoe.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auctions are hit and miss and you could end up with a POS losing $$$. !!

If you don't mind traveling, Chicago motors is well known to buy LEO cars

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157