New Owner 2014 PPV from VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveryd

Reaction score
Welcome from Winnipeg! I'm a newb too and this place is great!

I picked up my '14 PPV a month ago - still cleaning up for the safety inspection!
Anybody know if I REALLY hafta remove the front bumper to change a running light? lol My garage $eem$ to think so...
Welcome aboard! I purchased a 2014 PPV about a year ago. After a year of work it is finally now a turnkey daily driver. You do not have to remove the front bumper cover to remove the headlight assembly. You can simply remove the headlight bolts in front, loosen three screws on the inner fender liner near the bumper cover. That will give you access to the bolt on the side of the headlight assembly and the two bolts on the bumper cover bracket which can be loosened at that point, both with 10 mm socket Take a small plastic pry bar and pry the bumper cover out from the bracket. Loosening all of that up will enable you to remove the headlight assembly. After doing it about 20 times I can get it out in about 4 minutes.

waveryd

Reaction score
Thank you sir, I'm loving this truck so far and can't wait to start my own build thread soon. I just swapped the interior lights today for LEDs and going to do the backup cam/mirror hopefully in the next week.
Welcome aboard! I have been working on my 2014 PPV for almost a year now and it is finally coming together. I have been over every inch of that thing so if you need any help feel free to reach out. Lots of great information and people on this forum which have helped me immensely. Keep us posted with some pics!

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
Hi all, I just picked up a 2014 Tahoe PPV this week. I've always wanted one and when this particular truck came up I jumped on it and got it for a pretty good deal. It's got 164,000 miles and was a detective's vehicle and it was well taken care of. I haven't found any issues with it other than the crack in the dash (which I think is a common issue?). I've got a few small things I want to do including a new HU, backup camera, tow hitch, LED interior swap and weathertech mats. Happy to be here and to start learning about these trucks!

View attachment 418086
Looks like my 2011

Attachments

• IMG_4069.jpeg
    IMG_4069.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I have been working on my 2014 PPV for almost a year now and it is finally coming together. I have been over every inch of that thing so if you need any help feel free to reach out. Lots of great information and people on this forum which have helped me immensely. Keep us posted with some pics!

I'm 100% going to take you up on this as i'll have a lot of questions over the course of the year next few weeks ;).
Right now I'm trying to figure out what exact the Anti-theft button triggers...if anything.
20240109_114317.jpg

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Zero cost ride quality improvement by removing and or shortening rear suspension bump stops. They are held in by an interference fit of some small metal tabs bent out a little bit. Just reach up in there, push, pull, and twist them out. 1” of travel is not enough.

Thank you so much for telling me this, i'm going to try and do it over the weekend.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% going to take you up on this as i'll have a lot of questions over the course of the year next few weeks ;).
Right now I'm trying to figure out what exact the Anti-theft button triggers...if anything.
View attachment 418433
Do you hear a relay clicking when you press the antitheft button?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019