2013 Tahoe With Crazy Nav Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 SSV Tahoe that I have installed the factory Nav Radio in and I have a very strange issue going on with my radio today and I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on what the problem is. The radio has been working fine all week and then today when I started the truck the screen flashed the bowtie and then the radio came on. With-in 1 minute the radio cut out for 1 second and the display reset to the FM display at first not showing the song title and then it reappears a few seconds later. I might be wrong but it looks like the display is on the dim setting and not the bright setting (I had to take off my sunglasses to see the display which I did not have to do before today). Then about every minute it would cut out for one second and then reset the FM display again. I put in a CD to see if it was just the radio and it cut out on the CD also. It continued doing this all the way to work. Once I got to work I turned off the truck and opened the door and the radio did not turn off. I pushed the off button and it turned off the music but the bowtie display appeared on the screen and stayed on the screen. I went into work and came back 20 minutes later to check and the screen was still showing the bowtie and it had not shut off? I unplugged the two connectors that went from the radio to the amp and it turned off the screen so I left them unplugged so it would not kill my battery. Any idea WTH is going on?

Any help or guidance would be Very Helpful! Thank You in Advance.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a loose pin/socket in one of the connectors. I wouldnt think a bad RAP relay would cause that issue.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's ask the mods to move this into the right forum. @NathanJax

The fellas here are more familiar with the older systems. I wonder if these also throw codes or have their own diagnostics and such inside the radio itself?

OP
OP
Ebay Mike

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I took the radio back out. Unplugged everything and then reinstalled it. Seems to be working normally so lets hope it was just a loose wiring or plug.

OP
OP
Ebay Mike

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I took the radio back out. Unplugged everything and then reinstalled it. Seems to be working normally so lets hope it was just a loose wiring or plug.

I guess I spoke too soon. I sat in the driveway with the radio playing for at least 1/2 hour and it worked just fine. Today I got about 1 mile from the house and it turned off for 1 second and then came back on and started doing that 1 minute of music and then click off and then 1 minute of music and repeat! I turned the radio off and the bowtie stayed on the screen and I could see the bowtie clicking off about every minute and then coming back on. I am baffled on this and have no idea what to check or do? I am not good at wiring when it does not work as it should!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy