2013 Tahoe SSV "running boards"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of putting "running boards" on my Tahoe, too many friends complaining about it being a "hight step" to get in.

Does anyone know the part numbers for those?

thanks,

Ron

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the part numbers, but the courteous thing to do for your friends would be to lower it about 4".:D

I see OEM running boards for sale all the time from people that have removed them for aftermarket ones or after lowering. Would be WAY cheaper than buying OEM ones new.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the part numbers, but the courteous thing to do for your friends would be to lower it about 4".:D

I see OEM running boards for sale all the time from people that have removed them for aftermarket ones or after lowering. Would be WAY cheaper than buying OEM ones new.

*lol*... no can do (I think it has actually been lifted, factory, a bit... it is kinda high on it's paws, and has "off road tires", skid plates etc.) I like taking it "out" planning on taking it into the desert this weekend (Winslow, Holbrook AZ area).

Anywho, I saw some of these running boards, and they seem to be at the same hight as the frame which is fine with me.

Where did you see those? eBay or so?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*lol*... no can do (I think it has actually been lifted, factory, a bit... it is kinda high on it's paws, and has "off road tires", skid plates etc.) I like taking it "out" planning on taking it into the desert this weekend (Winslow, Holbrook AZ area).

Anywho, I saw some of these running boards, and they seem to be at the same hight as the frame which is fine with me.

Where did you see those? eBay or so?

Ah, yours isn't a street SSV. Yeah, running boards are logical.
I've seen OEM boards for sale on this forum and a few times on my local craigslist. More often on trucks being parted out. The clean ones with the end trims and all usually go for around $200 which is cheaper than quality aftermarket ones and they fit and look much better.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of putting "running boards" on my Tahoe, too many friends complaining about it being a "hight step" to get in.

Does anyone know the part numbers for those?

thanks,

Ron

Well I have the factory ones on my 13 SSV so I had the parts guy run the numbers for mine. Here is the list of numbers for you. Hope it helps:

Step 15914674
Step 15914675
Mounting Bracket (4) 22956467
Step Extension 15291807
Step Extension 15291808
Bolt 11519742 (4)
Bolt 11609733 (12)
Bolt 11609997 (10)
Nut 15231167 (4)

The parts all have to be ordered separately as they no longer offer the packaged Kit.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen OEM boards for sale on this forum and a few times on my local craigslist. More often on trucks being parted out. The clean ones with the end trims and all usually go for around $200 which is cheaper than quality aftermarket ones and they fit and look much better.

I'll look for that, any pointers are welcome. I did see some Tahoes with running boards nicely tucked underneath the body, at frame hight, not really sticking out.

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the factory ones on my 13 SSV so I had the parts guy run the numbers for mine. Here is the list of numbers for you. Hope it helps:

Step 15914674
Step 15914675
Mounting Bracket (4) 22956467
Step Extension 15291807
Step Extension 15291808
Bolt 11519742 (4)
Bolt 11609733 (12)
Bolt 11609997 (10)
Nut 15231167 (4)

The parts all have to be ordered separately as they no longer offer the packaged Kit.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

cool!! thanks.

buying everything new, OEM is probably pretty expensive? (like the roof cargo rack, is $800 new, but I got everything for $150 from a salvage yard).

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

On exactly this forum? Or somewhere on this site?

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pointers? ebay, or junk yard or lkq, unless you want them to be NEW then gmpartdirect, etc and sometimes there are new ones on ebay also.
as far as bolts, maybe buy one then match the rest up at a (real) hardware store no sense in paying $7 a bolt from gm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec