2013 Tahoe Radio backlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BizHostNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got this Tahoe last weekend and it's a 2013 with the Bose system. Noticed last night when it gets dark the radio cannot be read anymore. All information is gone. If I click the little Info icon it sometimes will pop up, but not always. I don't recall entirely but during the daytime hours I think you see it fine.

Is there a lockout or blackout method? Or is this head unit going bad in this brand new to me car...?

OP
OP
BizHostNC

BizHostNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I assume you’ve tried the dimmer knob?
Yeah, I tried every combination of headlight position, dimmer switch in/out and fogs on etc. Everything else is lit up fine on the center console area, and the radio even lit up a few times but doesn't stay that way.

OP
OP
BizHostNC

BizHostNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I snapped a photo of it last night, just in-case the dealer decides to call me crazy or something....

IMG_20200525_194345.jpg

OP
OP
BizHostNC

BizHostNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tapped on the headunit tonight while in a drive-thru and it lit up. Few moments later dark again, and a couple light taps bring it back... So I guess something is causing it to darken in the HU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645