2013 Tahoe Gear Shift Lever loose and will not go into gear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the way to do it. They actually make a shorter shouldered bolt used in woodworking joinery that is strong enough to trust and the same 5/16” size that will work without having to shave down the bolt head. Let me see if I can dig up the p/n.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having this issue now. Thankfully the bushing failed in the driveway. I replaced the bushing but the cable still pulls away from the shifter pulling the bushing with it. I'm going to let it sit over night to see if it settles. Is it normal for the cable to pull away like that?
I have also heard of drilling a hole in the cable pin and putting a cotter pin in to keep it from pulling out. I think that would be tricky trying to drill that hole. Good luck

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 20 mi NW of Philly
Just curious, we used to take road trips from Houston to East Brunswick, NJ to visit my wife's parents and cousins and would take Hwy 30 out of Philly towards Lancaster and miss that dang 95 Baltimore and DC route, I would rather drive more miles that take 95. Anyway always enjoyed the country side in East Pa. We just moved her mom ( dad passed away) to Houston, so I will miss going up through Pa. Take care.

Reaction score
That’s the way to do it. They actually make a shorter shouldered bolt used in woodworking joinery that is strong enough to trust and the same 5/16” size that will work without having to shave down the bolt head. Let me see if I can dig up the p/n.
So I ended up with a slightly smaller bolt, I didn't want to compromise the shifter plate with the 5/16. so far so good. feels super sturdy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo