2013 Tahoe 5.3 - engine noise help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that. I will get the heads pulled and see if I can salvage the cam and engine.
Good call. My bet is it's going to be okay, depending on how much metal came off that lifter. Might have a little damage to the oil pump, so it might be worth replacing that as well, and then running a couple of 500 mile oil change intervals to get any remaining metal out. Oh, and a magnetic drain plug.

Just curious, when the TSP cam went in, did you (or the installer) use AC Delco lifter trays?

OP
OP
A

acesttz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good call. My bet is it's going to be okay, depending on how much metal came off that lifter. Might have a little damage to the oil pump, so it might be worth replacing that as well, and then running a couple of 500 mile oil change intervals to get any remaining metal out. Oh, and a magnetic drain plug.

Just curious, when the TSP cam went in, did you (or the installer) use AC Delco lifter trays?
Thank you for the advice.

I will ask the installer about the AC Delco lifter trays and get back to you.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts