2013 Suburban Front Differential Removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Been wondering this for a while and searches have not produced an answer. I suspect needing to drop my front diff out of my 13 suburban. I see while watching videos I can find that the drag link needs to come out of the older ones. It looks to me like the steering rack is in the way on this one and will beed to be removed to get this diff out. Can anyone confirm this?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wondering this for a while and searches have not produced an answer. I suspect needing to drop my front diff out of my 13 suburban. I see while watching videos I can find that the drag link needs to come out of the older ones. It looks to me like the steering rack is in the way on this one and will beed to be removed to get this diff out. Can anyone confirm this?

I did not need to pull the steering rack when I pulled the front differential on my 2007 XL Denali. I would imagine your set up would be similar.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did not need to pull the steering rack when I pulled the front differential on my 2007 XL Denali. I would imagine your set up would be similar.
Thanks! I had noticed that someone had done something with the bolts that hold the rack and I know that diff has been out of it once for a bearing service. It got me thinking that the rack was removed. It must be really tight wiggling that baby out tho.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I had noticed that someone had done something with the bolts that hold the rack and I know that diff has been out of it once for a bearing service. It got me thinking that the rack was removed. It must be really tight wiggling that baby out tho.
Oh, it’s a hassle. Get some help when you go to put it back in.