Rubbing sound after dropping front differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coveman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 Burb, leaky oil cooler lines. I dropped the front differential to install the new oil cooler lines and afterwards it made a rubbing sound when steering wheel was turned 1/2 turn to the left. I thought it was the tire lugs rubbing the mud flap in the fender well and after a little investigation it turned out there is a bolt torquing sequence that I didnt follow: When tightening the 4 front differential bolts tighten:

1-Passenger side rear bolt
2-Driver side front bolt
3-Passenger side front bolt
4-Driver side rear bolt

Stopped the noise, happy camper now!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've dropped mine and didn't do that sequence?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2013 Burb, leaky oil cooler lines. I dropped the front differential to install the new oil cooler lines and afterwards it made a rubbing sound when steering wheel was turned 1/2 turn to the left. I thought it was the tire lugs rubbing the mud flap in the fender well and after a little investigation it turned out there is a bolt torquing sequence that I didnt follow: When tightening the 4 front differential bolts tighten:

1-Passenger side rear bolt
2-Driver side front bolt
3-Passenger side front bolt
4-Driver side rear bolt

Stopped the noise, happy camper now!
Yeah, I didn't follow that sequence either. It makes sense but I'm wondering if something else was amiss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts