2013 GMC Yukon XL 2500 - moving up from 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's cool with those 2013s is that they got the latest software features like Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control, Cruise Grade and Powertrain Grade Braking - Normal Modes.

I'd like to someday add those software updates to my truck. I think those guys that Ken always reminds us of that I can never remember can do that work! LOL

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me more about your bicycle.....I like 2500s, but especially like bikes :cool:

Reaction score
What's cool with those 2013s is that they got the latest software features like Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control, Cruise Grade and Powertrain Grade Braking - Normal Modes.

I'd like to someday add those software updates to my truck. I think those guys that Ken always reminds us of that I can never remember can do that work! LOL
I have that Hill Start Assist and it freaked me out the first time I was stopped at a light on a hill. I took my foot off the brake and they stayed applied until I gave it gas

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that Hill Start Assist and it freaked me out the first time I was stopped at a light on a hill.

Ha similar thing happened with me, but it was because I installed the lift on the front of my truck first, backed it out of the garage, and thought something was binding when I put it in drive.

Took a minute or two till I realized nothings wrong, truck thought it was on a hill LOL
20180218_120953.jpg

OP
OP
J

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get rotors and pads for the "new" 2500, any suggestions? I'll start another thread.

Here are some photos! I did the vent caps on my 2001. I can't stand the OEM vent caps - seems like an ideal place for wasps to build a nest. I'd love to get more photos but the old Denali is already for sale locally (check Austin Craigslist if you're really curious I guess) so I may not be able to take more. This was on Saturday in San Antonio, TX.

All of our other cars are red. 2013 model year 2500s are already vanishingly rare, so finding one in Crystal Red or better yet Victory Red is damn near impossible. How much is a good paint job???

The old one had the slate/pewter interior and I wasn't a fan. The new one has the cashmere interior. As a family we prefer tan interiors - doesn't get too hot in the sun, hides dust well.

The new one is loaded - everything except a sunroof (which I don't need), retractable running boards (it's not a Denali), and blind spot detection (again, not a Denali). It's got the 145A alternator, I'm considering a bigger one. There is a spot for a second battery, I'm considering another one of those as well. I wonder if you can use a deep discharge battery as a secondary, with a relay so that you don't try to start using the secondary.

IMG_20190202_120455.jpegIMG_20190202_122041.jpegIMG_20190202_122059.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me more about your bicycle.....I like 2500s, but especially like bikes :cool:

I used to be a Cat 2 on the road. (Well technically I still am but my waistline suggests otherwise, meaning, I'm not rail-thin anymore.) Bad back.

I've got a 2010 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3 from my racing days, plus an off brand Taiwanese cross/gravel bike. Wife was a Cat 2 as well and has a 2008 Specialized Roubaix. They're old bikes now but like anything else they were new once (and so were we). I do all of my own bicycle repairs and maintenance (though very rarely I'll farm something out due to time pressure).

Between the bad back and three young kids I don't ride as much as I used to.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be a Cat 2 on the road. (Well technically I still am but my waistline suggests otherwise, meaning, I'm not rail-thin anymore.) Bad back.

I've got a 2010 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3 from my racing days, plus an off brand Taiwanese cross/gravel bike. Wife was a Cat 2 as well and has a 2008 Specialized Roubaix. They're old bikes now but like anything else they were new once (and so were we). I do all of my own bicycle repairs and maintenance (though very rarely I'll farm something out due to time pressure).

Between the bad back and three young kids I don't ride as much as I used to.

Awesome! My wife is Cat 1 mtb, I was always Cat 2 but might to Cat 1 this year with her just to help with start time logistics. Have 4 young kids, last year my 8 year old boy was racing Junior 10-14 class, and two of my girls did some kids races. I go overboard customizing kids bikes :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz