2012 Yukon Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solosys

Reaction score
Heading to the dealer to have my 2012 Yukon XL I recently purchased with 137K fully inspected. At a minimum I’m having them flush the transmission fluid, coolant, flush brake fluid (if necessary), and perform a fuel injection cleaning. Anyone recommend anything else? They said they will inspect all hoses, etc, during the inspection.

brakes are at around 60%.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading to the dealer to have my 2012 Yukon XL I recently purchased with 137K fully inspected. At a minimum I’m having them flush the transmission fluid, coolant, flush brake fluid (if necessary), and perform a fuel injection cleaning. Anyone recommend anything else? They said they will inspect all hoses, etc, during the inspection.

brakes are at around 60%.

Power Steering Fluid? Is your truck RWD or a 4x4? Which ever, change the fluid in the rear differential and if a 4x4, teh front differential and transfer case. You can save about $300 by doing it yourself if able.

OP
OP
S

solosys

Reaction score
Power Steering Fluid? Is your truck RWD or a 4x4? Which ever, change the fluid in the rear differential and if a 4x4, teh front differential and transfer case. You can save about $300 by doing it yourself if able.
Interestingly enough they didn’t recommend the power steering or the differential, transfer case after they inspected it. It is a 4x4.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough they didn’t recommend the power steering or the differential, transfer case after they inspected it. It is a 4x4.

I'd definitely do them all. You'll notice how much more smoothly she runs afterwards. Mine was going in three different directions until they all got fresh fluid. Run the severe service schedule or even a little less and she'll last you a long time.

OP
OP
S

solosys

Reaction score
I'd definitely do them all. You'll notice how much more smoothly she runs afterwards. Mine was going in three different directions until they all got fresh fluid. Run the severe service schedule or even a little less and she'll last you a long time.
Just called the dealer back and they said they checked those and they didn’t need to be changed. Does this sound legit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called the dealer back and they said they checked those and they didn’t need to be changed. Does this sound legit?

Well, if the previous owner did them at 100K, then no, it's not technically time yet. I sent off a sample of my transmission's fluid to be analyzed like we do with the engine oil. Report came back and said it had about 5k miles of life left and the sample sent had 36K miles or so on it. So for me, from now on, I'm changing the trans fluid every 36-40K miles and plan to do the differentials and TC at 50K intervals. That sample had about 2 weeks worth of towing in the city at about 5K pounds too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC