2012 yukon denali bose lux amp not turning on with Maestro RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like used ones are about $120 on eBay so if it is the amp at least it won't be too painful

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hooked up the tech2 and it went out once and the tech2 said it had communication but I didn't think to do a test tone before I cycled the key again, so either it has a short in the output section or it's not getting sound input from the maestro, if it does a test tone when I am getting no sound from the radio then I will have a better idea of where the problem is
interestingly the tech2 gave me the self reported part # of the amp also.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amp pasted test tone while I had no audo from the radio, so it might be the radio, harness connection, or the maestro rr, so the next step is to check all the connections at the radio I guess yay

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while I had no sound I pulled the pioneer out and checked all the plugs & wires wiggled and jiggled everything, no change, unplugged the power to the maestro adapter and plugged it back and sound came back. so..... since my subwoofer bypasses the maestro and it works all the time I am now leaning towards the maestro adapter being funky if it keeps happening hopefully they will let me warranty it and see if that is the problem.

edit: I think the issue is the maestro adapter I have a option in the radio setting to master reset the maestro and everytime I do the sound comes back again

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're on track to isolating the problem. Good job! Tracking down intermittent electrical stuff is rarely quick and easy.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're on track to isolating the problem. Good job! Tracking down intermittent electrical stuff is rarely quick and easy.
ya I had to order another maestro, they told me to just take out the parts I needed then send the other one back for a refund, it wont be here till after xmas and I got ADS to put my firmware back up on the web interface till the end of Feb, I just hope it's not the head unit because when you reset the maestro it also powers the head unit on/off, but I tried just turning the head unit on/off by the control and it didn't make any difference but doing it that way is more or less only a soft reset.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the maestro with a brand new one and haven't driven it much until today, problem still exists, sooo I thought maybe the head unit is getting hot, behind the deck is a cooling fan and there was some plastic in the way right behind it, cut that out and ran it for a little while, problem is still happening but it can get it to come back without having to reset the maestro by cycling the key a couple times, so not sure if it is still getting hot or if the deck is permanentely damaged or what the heck is going on. I guess my next step is to have the shop that wired the maestro double check the wiring harnesses for any loose connections ugh.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
talked to the dealer I bought the head unit from they suggested maybe i'm loosing voltage somewhere and suggested I bypass power at the maestro, but this makes me think maybe the amp turn on trigger is loosing voltage i'm going to try jumping the amp trigger to the head unit first, it doesn't start happening until it's been running for about an hour and every other function seems to still work.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is crazy. Sorry you dealing with so much. I have a 4200 nex and have driven many nights playing for hours (4-6) with constant blasting. Sounds like you not hitting a bump or anything that would make us worry about something loose. My PAC gave an issue when I first installed due to loose harness or similar. Can you bypass the rear speakers so they connect straight to the pioneer and see if they turn off when the fronts do?

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is crazy. Sorry you dealing with so much. I have a 4200 nex and have driven many nights playing for hours (4-6) with constant blasting. Sounds like you not hitting a bump or anything that would make us worry about something loose. My PAC gave an issue when I first installed due to loose harness or similar. Can you bypass the rear speakers so they connect straight to the pioneer and see if they turn off when the fronts do?
i'll get to the bottom it eventually, it will work all day if I never shut it off, I only loose line audio when I restart the truck after it's been running about an hour (roughly), the rca out to my sub still works and all other radio functions work. I have read over the ADS forums on 12volt and it seems to be a common issue of the amp turn on signal either due to old firmware issue's or a loose connection. Truck is having transmission service done today so I had to drop it off early this morning so once I get it back I will take it by the installer that wired up the maestro harness and have him check the amp data wire connection if that looks good then we can try a jumper and see if that resolves the problem. It could be a bug in the firmware or my truck is just weird I already had to have them change the firmware for me because RAP wasn't working properly and they said my truck was only like the 3rd vehicle that ever had that issue reported to them. It's just going to take a little time due to work and kids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnQSmith