2012 through 2014 Yukon Denalis.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, other than snow and those who want to off road, is there any difference between the 4x2 and AWD options? Like ride quality, gas etc. I was under the impression that some of the trucks were AWD and the others were 4x4 but just found out they're not. I almost dont see the point of getting one with 4x2.

Higher towing capacity and not really needed if you live below the snow belt.

2WD Denalis = 14 City - 18 Highway
AWD Denalis = 13 City - 18 Highway

On E85
2WD Denalis = 10 City - 15 Highway
AWD Denalis = 10 City - 14 Highway

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in SoCal I have a 2wd. I have had 4wd Suburbans and XL's in the past and never used it. Less to maintain as well.

OP
OP
K

KelzG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When it is snowy weather, how bad are the 4x2s with that rear wheel drive?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have an 09 Durango Limited Hemi with 140k and no issues. no AFM issues...
bet your always under the hood doing oil changes every 3k

You can’t drive on the beach in SoUthern California, when I have in Central California I just air down and keep my momentum.
unless your a police officer then you can run people over on said beach

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
12-14 Denali will have the 6.2L motor that’s always mated to the bulletproof 6SP Auto 6L80 trans that can be run in a manual shift mode w/o devastating it.

All will have the AFM cylinder deactivation and your only real choice is XL, 2WD or AWD. Since your stepping off at Denali level, choosing the platform that’s tried and true, it’s all about finding the most loaded spud for the money.

The more features and options you have, the longer you’re likely to keep your vehicle. The key to not running your wallet down the drain is finding a service contract (S/C) or warranty that will cover the major setbacks known to occur. Say ... cooled seat failures, a/c, AFM, electronics like ABS & MagneRide as well as its bags and compressor in back.

The S/C are almost always sold thru dealers or brokers on the internet. My S/C was too good to be true and it was purch’d 3 mo after the truck. I opted to pay via a credit card over a two year period @ 0%. Once the first claim paid and it proved its worth, I paid off the S/C in full. Our S/C Co was AUL. They covered the bags and compressor.

A hot tip to bagged truck owners, never let a a service writer turn in a S/C claim for bags and compressor simultaneously. Claim the compressor 1st. Wait a day or two and claim the bags 2nd. The. S/C companies will attempt to state you failed on maint and drove w/ leaky bags so the overheated, dead, compressor is your fault. They tried and failed w/ me.

Lastly, if you have a preferred Caddy, GMC or Chevy dealer you’ve worked with before, go there 1st. Tell them what u want and let your sales guy find it. They have access to lease turn ins and can dealer trade pre loved trucks for you. If you go this route, all you’re future S/C or Warr claims are $0. They may offer lifetime service packages that cover every lube/maint on the truck for a preset time.

The best experience I ever had was telling a salesperson the CPO car I wanted. It was a unicorn. He called back in 2 weeks and found my 02 Audi allroad w/ 6SP M. It was turned in from a lease of another dealerships Mgr. They delivered it to my home in 05 and the same crack Audi tech from that dealer still wrenches on it today. The CPO covered $40k in service over 3 years and included either an allroad or A8L loaner car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derfman00

Reaction score
bet your always under the hood doing oil changes every 3k

unless your a police officer then you can run people over on said beach

We change oil even the service indicator says son. About every 6k ish

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We change oil even the service indicator says son. About every 6k ish
not good enough should do every 3000-3500 for maximum engine life.

esp with AFM and if it has VVT .enabled. with 3000-3500 Engine life expectancy will be about 250,000 with minimal work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne