2012 Tahoe rear 1.5 lift shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
redshift

redshift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am surprised you had any rubbing at all with the stock size tire - must be the offset.
yup that is my thought as well. I'm not too sure that -10 is the exact offset for this specific version of the wheel. it is just what I found listed for the 17x9 size.

CAMASO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@redshift your post has been very helpful. I’m waiting for my Quicklifts
and 1” strut spacers to arrive and I’ll be tackling the same job. I have a 14 Yukon with stock 20’s. Do you think I’ll have a similar rubbing issue? I’m also planning to install 2” coil spacers and new extended length Quicklifts in the rear.

OP
OP
redshift

redshift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@redshift your post has been very helpful. I’m waiting for my Quicklifts
and 1” strut spacers to arrive and I’ll be tackling the same job. I have a 14 Yukon with stock 20’s. Do you think I’ll have a similar rubbing issue? I’m also planning to install 2” coil spacers and new extended length Quicklifts in the rear.

I don't think so,you should be fine. Let me apologize for the lack of clarity about the tire rubbing. I noticed the tire rub prior to putting on my spacer lift. I had the wheels off and was getting ready and was close enough in the wheel well when I saw the rubbing. So it had been rubbing for some unknown amount of time prior to the install. As mentioned my wheels are not stock and have some sort of offset that is probably the culprit.

CAMASO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think so,you should be fine. Let me apologize for the lack of clarity about the tire rubbing. I noticed the tire rub prior to putting on my spacer lift. I had the wheels off and was getting ready and was close enough in the wheel well when I saw the rubbing. So it had been rubbing for some unknown amount of time prior to the install. As mentioned my wheels are not stock and have some sort of offset that is probably the culprit.

No worries and thanks for the advice. I appreciate the clarification.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Ok I finally got the parts and did the lift. I used motofab's 2 inch lower strut spacer up front and their 1.5 inch coil spacer in the rear. The front went from 36 inches to 38 and the rear went from 37.5 to 39. I also replaced my rear shocks with pro-comp ES9000s. The install in the front was standard stuff although I did need to disconnect the ball joint and tie rod to get enough room to install the bolts the correct way. In the back I ended up using my spring compressor to save time. Since the coil spacers are powder coated aluminum I lined the inside of surface that sits on the frame with some leftover sticky back rubber windows flashing in case there would be any metal on metal noise. So far so good. Although I'm afraid that I must try and curtail my instinct to go bigger/higher in the pursuit of long travel. :)

View attachment 253709
@redshift That looks great, thanks for the numbers I will compare those to mine. I need new ball joints so I have been researching what i need to do in order to qualify for the rough country forged upper control arms. I'm thinking that with what I have already done to my truck a CCM 2.5 in front and 1.5 in the rear should give me enough lift to where I can use those RC lifted control arms.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late to the party, but I ran a 2" front, 1" rear lift for almost a year on the stock shocks with no problem. I didn't huck it on some whoops, though. It's a 2WD pavement pounder. I also had 1.5" wheel spacers on the stock wheels with stock tire size of 275/55-20. Had a little rub, but only at full lock. If I didn't have the spacers, it likely would not have rubbed.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late to the party, but I ran a 2" front, 1" rear lift for almost a year on the stock shocks with no problem. I didn't huck it on some whoops, though. It's a 2WD pavement pounder. I also had 1.5" wheel spacers on the stock wheels with stock tire size of 275/55-20. Had a little rub, but only at full lock. If I didn't have the spacers, it likely would not have rubbed.
Which rear shocks on the rear ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401