2012 Tahoe LTZ wBose - Has anyone figured out Bluetooth Via the "iPod" usb port?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first thing I yanked out was that archaic oem radio, maestro rr and a couple more adapters to retain rse + new headunit (of your choosing) and you are golden
I retained the bose amp and all rse function plus gained front video, wireless android and carplay, modern navigation, added sub's & amp.
if you shop around used on ebay you can do it for under 1k. headunits are priced up right now because of the chip shortage like vehicles but used ones show up for a better price
a used maestro rr is no big deal because they get flashed by usb to your vehicle anyway so it doesn't matter if it is used or not they can be flashed over and over for any use.

OP
OP
R

rlistenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've tried THREE in the last week. No luck of any significance.

For complete reference . . .
1) This one acted like a USB Media drive to the stereo so could've worked, but kept cutting out even with the console open and the phone a foot away -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T5KM9DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) This one was a complete hunk of junk and never did anything with the stereo at all _> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JNJTN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) I also tried one I forgot I already had that i'd used in an older car, via 3.5mm cable, that conveniently had the headphone input in the console next to a usb power source. Same as option 1. -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075NJNKYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure if I will try any further USB BT options or not. Pretty frustrated at this point. Likely will pop out the glove box tonight to see if the XM Tuner is separate there and if so, use this -> https://www.crutchfield.com/p_249BTSGM1X/Crux-BTS-GM1X-Bluetooth-Interface.html?tp=68488

ccole

Reaction score
I've installed a Sonos Port in my current setup. Fortunately it requires a 12V power supply so it was a straight forward install. From the time the truck is turned on it takes 15-20 seconds for he unit to boot up and connect to my phone. The Sonos gives me access to all the streaming services my family uses including my Plex server, AppleMusic for my daughters, AirPlay2, and local music files on a 512gb USB storage attached to the trucks wireless router. When I first installed the Port it was connected through the 3.5mm and worked great. Since then I've installed a Mosconi DSP that allows me to digitally connect the Sonos Port as a second input source. My wifes Tahoe also has a Sonos Port(I might be a dealer) and she likes it because of the 3rd party app control. She uses Spotify and Pandora and both services natively control the Port without opening the Sonos app.
It's really nice going from house to vehicle to office using the same system and not missing a second of content.

ccole

Reaction score
If I could get aftermarket with wireless CarPlay, looking stock(ish), without losing any RSE, XM, Steering Wheel control, use of Bose Amp or any other current functionality ... AND get it all bought and installed for < $1k .... I'd probably do it within 60 days.
Joying Head Unit $414.00 or $527.00 with OBD interface, DVR, TPMS, and AHD Reverse Camera. Most have good experience with these units over at Diycaraudio. CarPay, AndroidAuto, Bluetooth 5.1, 4G SIM internal modem/5GHz wifi, DSP, Etc, Etc. This is the newer Joying Higher resolution model 1920 X 1200 $464 or $577 with bells and whistles.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Integrated option for A2DP BT music that plugs into the factory harness in 5 min. $79

As goofy mentioned below, you’d have to look behind your glovebox when it’s upper (concealed) flip down latch reveals what’s behind the door.

I suspected that ISS did not note compatibility correctly. In the Tahoe / Yuke / Burb vehicles around 2011/12 equipped with the hard drive memory Navi systems, the XM modules are separate from the Navi units. These are the units that accept these A2DP BT devices

xmbt_full_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Integrated option for A2DP BT music that plugs into the factory harness in 5 min. $79

View attachment 366810

My 2012 has a built-in XM tuner in the head unit.

I bought something like this from Crutchfield a couple years ago and looked everywhere for the XM receiver behind my glove box but didn't have one. My XM antenna cable plugs into the back of the radio head unit.

Crutchfield was great and took it back and even refunded me shipping. At the time they had it listed as working on my model year and did not know that some radios have built-in XM and this will not work. Now they have it noted on the product page.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could get aftermarket with wireless CarPlay, looking stock(ish), without losing any RSE, XM, Steering Wheel control, use of Bose Amp or any other current functionality ... AND get it all bought and installed for < $1k .... I'd probably do it within 60 days.
Not trying to dig up an old thread but I've been also searching for a temp solution to bluetooth streaming.

For those that are looking for the OEM look and for wireless carplay, I am watching the Dynavin site like a hawk. Anytime now they should be coming out with the v8 system which will do all of these things and more.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to dig up an old thread but I've been also searching for a temp solution to bluetooth streaming.

For those that are looking for the OEM look and for wireless carplay, I am watching the Dynavin site like a hawk. Anytime now they should be coming out with the v8 system which will do all of these things and more.

I ended up buying this Bluetooth adapter from post #9, and it works well. I like that it has the Apt-X format compatibility, and works well with my phone. Sounds more than acceptable to cover up the exhaust manifold leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9