2012 Tahoe LTZ wBose - Has anyone figured out Bluetooth Via the "iPod" usb port?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlistenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My apologies if this is discussed somewhere I couldn't find it via search.

2012 Tahoe LTZ wBose and RSE ... There is a usb in/under the console that plays through the factory stereo just fine and allows skip/repeat/play pause control via the touchscreen. Works just fine on my iphone 12 via a lightning to usb cable. I'm sick and tired of plugging in all the time and just want to stream (ADP) via bluetooth.

Does anyone know of a simple adaptor that would plug into that USB port and connect to iphone via bluetooth?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this is discussed somewhere I couldn't find it via search.

2012 Tahoe LTZ wBose and RSE ... There is a usb in/under the console that plays through the factory stereo just fine and allows skip/repeat/play pause control via the touchscreen. Works just fine on my iphone 12 via a lightning to usb cable. I'm sick and tired of plugging in all the time and just want to stream (ADP) via bluetooth.

Does anyone know of a simple adaptor that would plug into that USB port and connect to iphone via bluetooth?

Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/QOFOWIN-Blue...72daf3&pd_rd_wg=vSXJ0&pd_rd_i=B074WQRPFG&th=1

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used something similar in the ipod input in the console. Ran a cable up to the head unit it works ok but if you remote start the dongle comes on but doesn’t connect to the phone. I have to manually connect it then.

Up until I posted that link, I didn't think any existed that played through the USB. All I knew of were powered by the USB, but the audio output was on a 3.5mm phono plugged into the AUX jack.

I'd deeply research any device like this. I'm sure the majority have their glitches in operation. Most certainly sound quality is subpar, but that's subjective.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reviews are not the best. I love the concept but it needs to work better.

I hope the OP doesn't think I was recommending that specific one. I was just giving an example!

This is why I'd at least go with an aftermarket HU that streams via Bluetooth. The ultimate would be one with Apple AirPlay or Android Auto since those use Wi-Fi for lossless compression versus Bluetooth's audibly compressed sound.

OP
OP
R

rlistenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used something similar in the ipod input in the console. Ran a cable up to the head unit it works ok but if you remote start the dongle comes on but doesn’t connect to the phone. I have to manually connect it then.
George. Are you saying something like that works WITHOUT using the 3.5mm audio plug. USB connection only?

Would be good enough for my wife since she rarely remote starts it.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
George. Are you saying something like that works WITHOUT using the 3.5mm audio plug. USB connection only?

Would be good enough for my wife since she rarely remote starts it.
I’m sorry. I didn’t give a complete answer. I have the wired Tuni Firefly although I have an older version than this.
TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDO66NK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_8A33PPXWX410F53MHPP0

It works good and usually connects whenever I start the truck. I have gotten used to connecting manually when it doesn’t. I have a nice cable that I ran back to the console and tucked under the edge. Its pretty well hidden. See post 2919 for what I did. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...nnbs-gmt900-tahoe-yukon-today.44151/page-2919

Your 2012 may have the separate satellite radio receiver in which case you could use the crux adapter. I can’t use that on my 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia