USB dongle for bluetooth music streaming 2012 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldtrucksrule

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2012 GMC Yukon with Nav. I purchased an iPhone X and a wireless charging cradle. I was hoping someone has solution to simply plugging in a USB dongle in the console to seamlessly stream music from my phone to the stereo using the same interface as connecting it with a cord via the USB. I bought something off of Amazon that I thought would work unfortunately, it did not. I know I can just continue plugging it in but, "first world problem" I'm charging wirelessly and want to stream music wirelessly. I realize an aftermarket radio is the best solution but, I prefer to keep it stock for now.

Thanks!!!

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are adapters you can buy that would give you all the functions you are looking for but the price is 3/4 of a standard aftermarket double din (200-300 dollars). I forget the name but they do exist and were discussed in this forum before. Hopefully someone can chime in further.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used GROM Audio on my Murano but just the USB function. For bluetooth/wireless, its a little pricier but I think still under $200.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I tried about 5 different ones from amazon and none of them worked with the 2012 Nav radio. It would power up, and you could link your phone to it, but the radio never saw anything attached. The usb icon never lit up, and that was the case with a bunch of them. Bovee being the more expensive one (with reviews saying it would work). I even tried calling almost all the manufacturers but none of them would pick up. Email only and they were of no help. Return to amazon they went!

Reaction score
My wife uses one of those cheap bluetooth dongles that plugs into the line in jack on the radio to wirelessly stream music from her phone.

The phone is able to connect to both the vehicle bluetooth for calls and the dongle for media/audio at the same time.

This doesn't give control of the device through the radio though, just basically like connecting the headphone jack into the line in port, but wirelessly

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My wife uses one of those cheap bluetooth dongles that plugs into the line in jack on the radio to wirelessly stream music from her phone.

The phone is able to connect to both the vehicle bluetooth for calls and the dongle for media/audio at the same time.

This doesn't give control of the device through the radio though, just basically like connecting the headphone jack into the line in port, but wirelessly

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Same here.
20180127_093511.jpg
Works well for $15.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great suggestions. OP only wanted something to stream the music and didnt show resistance against using phone for everything. The expensive ones allow you to use more of the radio interface/steering wheel to control music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos