2012 Tahoe LTZ wBose - Has anyone figured out Bluetooth Via the "iPod" usb port?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rlistenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m sorry. I didn’t give a complete answer. I have the wired Tuni Firefly although I have an older version than this.
TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDO66NK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_8A33PPXWX410F53MHPP0

It works good and usually connects whenever I start the truck. I have gotten used to connecting manually when it doesn’t. I have a nice cable that I ran back to the console and tucked under the edge. Its pretty well hidden. See post 2919 for what I did. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...nnbs-gmt900-tahoe-yukon-today.44151/page-2919

Your 2012 may have the separate satellite radio receiver in which case you could use the crux adapter. I can’t use that on my 2013.
I see you're using the 3.5mm Aux ... I am very much trying to avoid that route. I appreciate the link to see your setup though!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to use ONLY the USB and not any 3.5mm headphone cable. Something SHOULD work like this, but just haven't found it yet.
I tried doing what you're trying to do for months, and nothing worked as well as this solution for me. None of the USB solutions worked as advertised and I need to use my phone in the truck while driving, so a solution that's buried in the console wouldn't work anyway. The wires for the Kinivo device are super thin and the headphone jack is at a right angle, so once I installed it and tucked the wires away, I never even notice the thing any more. And the voice quality for calls is as good as the factory hands-free was in my 2014 BMW.

Good luck in your quest and if you find a USB solution that does it all well, we will all benefit.

OP
OP
R

rlistenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They exist. I linked an example in my last post.
Oh, I ordered that one and two others last night :)
I'll post back results this weekend (that's when the last of the 3 will arrive).

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I hope the OP doesn't think I was recommending that specific one. I was just giving an example!

This is why I'd at least go with an aftermarket HU that streams via Bluetooth. The ultimate would be one with Apple AirPlay or Android Auto since those use Wi-Fi for lossless compression versus Bluetooth's audibly compressed sound.
I would love to go to a wireless car play HU. They are pricey.

OP
OP
R

rlistenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would love to go to a wireless car play HU. They are pricey.
If I could get aftermarket with wireless CarPlay, looking stock(ish), without losing any RSE, XM, Steering Wheel control, use of Bose Amp or any other current functionality ... AND get it all bought and installed for < $1k .... I'd probably do it within 60 days.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little over $1000 & self install wasnt hard. Kept steering wheel control & can hook up the RSE. Has wireless carplay & android auto

20220227_172559.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia