2012 Tahoe 4wd Brake questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billeickmann

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. Doing my front brakes and the small torx head bolt holding the rotor on is froze. Do I need to replace this bolt as I have been told that it is only for the assembly line? Also, does anyone know the torque spec for the large bolts holding the caliper to the hub? Thanks, Bill

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Doing my front brakes and the small torx head bolt holding the rotor on is froze. Do I need to replace this bolt as I have been told that it is only for the assembly line? Also, does anyone know the torque spec for the large bolts holding the caliper to the hub? Thanks, Bill

No need to keep that flat head machine screw. I have drilled out many of these. If you want to save it, I have found that a manual impact driver works well to break them loose. You use it by hitting it with a hammer. This gives you a axial impact as well as rotating the screw.

They are a very handy tool to have in your toolbox.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_...m_IT_hmoc3LTuSg2Z_WN1v5xiwK6yj6RoCmBwQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billeickmann

Billeickmann

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I do have an impact driver from the old motorcycle days, but I forgot all about it. Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts