2012 suburban disappointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tigger5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
91 rs... first line tells you how long i have had the vehicule.. and further down is the millage...to complain...damn right... this is NOT normal...if you think it is, well, then be prepared to hear "its normal" more and more in the future..Reminds me of when i had my saturn...had the tranny noise problem, dealer at the time tried to say it was normal and that there was 1 other customer with the same problem... so i asked him if they will be recalling the other million or so saturns to play with the tranny so they also make the noise... they fixed it the same day...... as for inspection..true it does not cover diagnoses..BUT they did not see anything else...really?...if you think this is normal, well, just gives everyone company business more power to do less or the absolute minimum...Now read a little more... i will post parts list....

OP
OP
T

tigger5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
parts they say need changing.. on an aside...i know they did not remove anything and have the cam marked off to change...engine has no stumbling or misfire

OP
OP
T

tigger5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
odd tried posting the parts list and a reply... did not get through... will try again...91rs...how long i have the vehicule...?...read the first line.. here to complain.....yes because this is not normal... yes the diagnostic is not part of an inspection, but they do have eyes and if they REALLY took the time to look, would have seen things in the 10 years i have been going ....and if you think it is normal and nobody ever complains, be prepared to hear more and more "its normal" from business and companies because they know we are accepting to be "consumers" and no longer "customers"... reminds me of when my saturn vue had a tranny noise and the dealer said it was normal and would not be fixed, and that there was another customer with the same problem.. so I asked him if they would be recalling the million or so that do not have the noise, and play with the tranny so they do make the noise....they kept it and fixed it....... here is the parts they want to change...

Attachments

• ListMAR2022.jpg
    ListMAR2022.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 15

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I depend on my vehicles to get me around, therefore I also depend upon myself to listen and look at my vehicles in & under them to be sure I am keeping them maintained and addressing any potential issue's or having potential issues addressed before it breaks down on the side of the road leaving me walking. I do not depend upon the dealer or anyone else to look at them for me and say hey dum dum look at this. yes maybe if I notice something I cannot pin point or do not recognize yes then I ask a professional but I don't just go o'well I guess when I take it in for a oil change they will notice the problem??? not likely unless I ASK them to check it out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
odd tried posting the parts list and a reply... did not get through... will try again...91rs...how long i have the vehicule...?...read the first line.. here to complain.....yes because this is not normal... yes the diagnostic is not part of an inspection, but they do have eyes and if they REALLY took the time to look, would have seen things in the 10 years i have been going ....and if you think it is normal and nobody ever complains, be prepared to hear more and more "its normal" from business and companies because they know we are accepting to be "consumers" and no longer "customers"... reminds me of when my saturn vue had a tranny noise and the dealer said it was normal and would not be fixed, and that there was another customer with the same problem.. so I asked him if they would be recalling the million or so that do not have the noise, and play with the tranny so they do make the noise....they kept it and fixed it....... here is the parts they want to change...
for that price may as well just throw a new crate engine in it wouldn't be that much more and you would have a better warranty and piece of mind.

OP
OP
T

tigger5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do not fully depend on the dealer either... but here, i am limited to what i can do, it is winter (still...uuugghhhh) and the vehicule does not fit in my garage and working with a floor jack in ice and snow is no no fun... this is why when i notice something i go get it checked if i can not do it myself...

OP
OP
T

tigger5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the 7018 is just the parts.... the 11742 is the total.. assuming they do not suddenly "see" better and find more things

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of those parts sure have a high mark up.

crate engine 6.0l when i was doing mine was something like 7 or 8k usd last year.
and with a rebate.

And that shop, run away.
200 for a tensioner?!
whole timing chain set is less than $80 usd.
Now if you have VVT, then hell if i know.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 7018 is just the parts.... the 11742 is the total.. assuming they do not suddenly "see" better and find more things

If you have no symptoms of a failed cam or anything else, then why worry about what they told you? Throw a couple bucks at it to fix or diagnose the cheap stuff. I'd like to know what they saw to make their assessment. It sounds fishy to me.

They might be telling you it's about to blow up and it'll cost some astronomical amount to fix it, hoping you'll trade it to them for a fraction of it's actual value to buy a new one. They'll sell you a new POS then replace some exhaust manifold bolts and maybe other small stuff on yours and sell it at an obscene profit.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no interest in getting into a pi**ing match with the OP.

Your options are simple.

(1) Take the truck to a known good (customer reviews) independent auto/truck repair shop, and let them look at the truck and give you their thoughts.

(2) Sell the truck and try something else.

Last edited: