2012 PPV non Bose radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. My PPV has no rear seats, rear door panels or center console. K9 unit! Bought it as a work truck but I need some decent sound. Has anyone upgraded the non Bose system with something other than a $400 Alpine? I just need XMSiruis and enough power to not need an amp. Front door and back door speakers only.

Thanks in advance!!

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a $200.00 ish Alpine unit and added the Sirius antenna with the purchase thru Crutchfield.com. You can upgrade if you want to add in steering wheel controls. That you have to get the stock steering wheel that has all the wiring to connect to the truck, then the accessory to connect it all

I have an SSV, all you mentioned applies to this situation.

OP
OP
B

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased a $200.00 ish Alpine unit and added the Sirius antenna with the purchase thru Crutchfield.com. You can upgrade if you want to add in steering wheel controls. That you have to get the stock steering wheel that has all the wiring to connect to the truck, then the accessory to connect it all

I have an SSV, all you mentioned applies to this situation.

Is it a single or double DIN?
Thanks for the reply!

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a single or double DIN?
Thanks for the reply!

It’s a double Din. I would take an installed shot, trucks up in Vermont with my Dad n Mom for the next few days.

E2EAE366-E813-4BFD-901A-1961C4C81A14.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Crutchfield, as they have a large selection of head units and all price points, and their prices are competitive. Further, they provide support to assist you in achieving a successful installation.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a double Din. I would take an installed shot, trucks up in Vermont with my Dad n Mom for the next few days.

View attachment 249906
I've got that same head unit and I love it, zero regrets. Sound is ok without amplification, but there is an Alpine amp designed to very easily integrate with this head unit and almost double the wattage on all 4 standard outputs. Win/win if you ask me, if you add this head unit and want just a touch more......add the amp.

Here is my install. I got a kit from Amazon and the head unit from Ebay. Zero regrets with my choice of parts. I've since added the USB input for the head unit into the factory lighter socket on the right side (I got the OEM USB to replace the cigarette lighter).

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/sooooooo-i-bought-a-ppv.92147/page-30#post-1380558

OP
OP
B

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 249906

That's the exact model that I'm looking at. I was trying to save a little money but that Alpine on Crutchfield is only $299. I'd probably end up kicking myself down the road if I went cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk