2011 Yukon XL Denali - Front Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our Denali has 167K miles and time for a suspension rebuild. I'm looking for replacement springs and hitting a dead end due to it being discontinued.

The Last 8 of my VIN is BR307123
It's a Z55 Suspension and the the RPO for the shocks is 6EA and 7EA.

I believe the correct GM part number was 20842477

I was planning on replacing struts and springs on the front end. Should I replace the upper mount and bumper while I'm there?

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you look up my “New front struts question” post in this forum there is some good info. One of my springs was no longer made either. Your spring 20842477 is stiffer than my stiffest spring which was 20842474. If you can’t find new springs but want to get back to original ride height you may be able to use a lean correcting spacer referenced in my post.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just inquired with the dealer parts department on some for my 2012 which are available but have to come from Michigan don't have the part number handy but can't see the 11 being much different than a 12 mine is a xl though I can check the part number in a couple days I'm out of town at the moment

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Denali has 167K miles and time for a suspension rebuild. I'm looking for replacement springs and hitting a dead end due to it being discontinued.

I was planning on replacing struts and springs on the front end. Should I replace the upper mount and bumper while I'm there?
Still running the originals on my ‘07 XL Denali with 230k on the clock. Best bang for the buck for the front end, in my opinion, is in the control arms (new bushings and ball joints) and sway bar links. It rides and drives like new now, and the wheel arches sit the same distance above the tires as they do on my 2012.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still running the originals on my ‘07 XL Denali with 230k on the clock. Best bang for the buck for the front end, in my opinion, is in the control arms (new bushings and ball joints) and sway bar links. It rides and drives like new now, and the wheel arches sit the same distance above the tires as they do on my 2012.

You are correct; however, new springs do make quite a difference as well, but GM has discontinued a lot of the part numbers. New springs raised the front of my 2008 3/4" and my old 2012 a full inch. It was very noticeable how much the original springs had sagged after I lowered with 2" knuckles and the ride height looked goody. Aftermarket "replacement" springs usually feel like crap in my opinion, but many people here disagree with me vehemently. I would recommend getting some quality aftermarket 1" drop springs since the OEM springs are discontinued. I'm not sure what Max Track offers for a lesser drop but I'm using their 4" rear springs and am very happy with the feel of them. The Belltech springs suck but I think they may work better with regular shocks.

As an aside, I was able to order brand new front GM springs for my father-in-law's 2008 Sierra Denali (which are different part number than either of my Escalades call for), but I've been wanting to compare the Bilstein 5100 shocks to the Auto Ride on my 2008 so I ordered another set for me. I've got an OE set of non-auto/mag ride front assemblies I'm going to take apart for the other little pieces and the upper mount. I'm wondering if the length of the spring might be slightly different for the non-mag ride due to the strut mount being different but I'm sure the spring rate is different which is the main reason I wanted to use them with the Bilsteins.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I show 20842478 for 6EA and 7EA springs which show as discontinued for GM OE from GMPartsGiant.

They are available as ACDelco Professional 88875301/45H0453 for AWD and 88875302/45H0453 for RWD.

Definitely replace your jounce bumpers and the strut mount, all the parts that make up the strut, including the nut.

OP
OP
H

Holland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I show 20842478 for 6EA and 7EA springs which show as discontinued for GM OE from GMPartsGiant.

They are available as ACDelco Professional 88875301/45H0453 for AWD and 88875302/45H0453 for RWD.

Definitely replace your jounce bumpers and the strut mount, all the parts that make up the strut, including the nut.
Thanks ... crazy though those springs appear to be out of stock everywhere as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RWD. Did you replace your rear springs as well?
GMPartsGiant has your rear springs in ACDelco but use the associated GM number, not the GM OE number.

Yes, I replaced the rear springs. The GM OE were not available so I went with the ACDelco Professional instead. Of course, after I did this, they came back in stock for a while!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission