2011 Yukon door replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miner_49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I trashed the front passenger door last Friday on my 2011 Yukon Denali (97k original miles). Tight parking lot with a tiny island with a fire hydrant at the end was next to me. I had backed in and to make the turn to get out, I would need to pull out and back up a bit to clear it. But I forgot it was there and couldn't see it from inside, so I tried to turn sharply to get out in 1 move and turn right into it. Dented with a deep creese and tore a 1 inch hole in panel. Fortunately it's only the door and the door still works. But I'm not going to Bondo this out.

So I'm looking to buy a used door. Found several, some even the same black color off a Denali, so no painting. Problem is there seems to have been a change to the door mid model on 11/15/2010. Multiple doors on ebay are for 2007-2011 upto 11/14/2010 or 2011-2014 from 11/15/2010. What was the change? It's unusual for GM to make a mechanical change so I'm thinking the metal door itself is the same ( which is all I need as I have the rest) and is just a door electronics or interior trim difference. But I need to know for sure as shipping is expensive ($200+) and I'd have to pay it twice to ship back if it doesn't work out.

From the Vin, my vehicle was built on 11/29/2010 which is on the newer side of that date, but all the black Denali doors that aren't for local pickup only, are on the other side. What I found on my side of the date would require painting over a different color or having to transfer the chrome exterior door trim and Denali badge over to the new door which I'm clueless on how to do without damaging them. I really would prefer the straight forward swap that I could do If I knew the metal door from the first group of dates would work if I swapped over all the hardware from my existing door.
IMG_20211112_112319376.jpg
IMG_20211112_112207293_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your door. I can’t help much with the year model difference but I can say swapping the trim and badges is pretty easy with some basic measurements and removal techniques. If you go this route we’ll watch for your reply.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I trashed the front passenger door last Friday on my 2011 Yukon Denali (97k original miles). Tight parking lot with a tiny island with a fire hydrant at the end was next to me. I had backed in and to make the turn to get out, I would need to pull out and back up a bit to clear it. But I forgot it was there and couldn't see it from inside, so I tried to turn sharply to get out in 1 move and turn right into it. Dented with a deep creese and tore a 1 inch hole in panel. Fortunately it's only the door and the door still works. But I'm not going to Bondo this out.

So I'm looking to buy a used door. Found several, some even the same black color off a Denali, so no painting. Problem is there seems to have been a change to the door mid model on 11/15/2010. Multiple doors on ebay are for 2007-2011 upto 11/14/2010 or 2011-2014 from 11/15/2010. What was the change? It's unusual for GM to make a mechanical change so I'm thinking the metal door itself is the same ( which is all I need as I have the rest) and is just a door electronics or interior trim difference. But I need to know for sure as shipping is expensive ($200+) and I'd have to pay it twice to ship back if it doesn't work out.

From the Vin, my vehicle was built on 11/29/2010 which is on the newer side of that date, but all the black Denali doors that aren't for local pickup only, are on the other side. What I found on my side of the date would require painting over a different color or having to transfer the chrome exterior door trim and Denali badge over to the new door which I'm clueless on how to do without damaging them. I really would prefer the straight forward swap that I could do If I knew the metal door from the first group of dates would work if I swapped over all the hardware from my existing door.
View attachment 355657
View attachment 355658
Probably the door panel is the difference? We just put some 2011 up avalanche doors on my buddy's 08 xl.

New GM quarter panel is supposed to be here Monday

1DD24737-B2BD-4E70-9C4E-859BC48DD860.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211