2011 Yukon..Bully dog BDX E85 tunes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddRonne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2011 Yukon that I’m strictly running E85. I have a bully dog BDX tuner and it doesn’t have an E85 setting. Is there anyone that can work with this to make me a custom E85 tune?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2011 Yukon that I’m strictly running E85. I have a bully dog BDX tuner and it doesn’t have an E85 setting. Is there anyone that can work with this to make me a custom E85 tune?

Maybe some locally? Hey Ken, does your guy do custom E85 tuning? @kbuskill

BlackBear does not.

Welcome, how long have you been running E85 and what kind of performance are you seeing? What does it cost now in your area? I mostly mix E15 or 93 with E85 now to lower my fuel costs and maximize fuel economy. But full strength tanks of E85 are lovely!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

BlackBear does not.

Welcome, how long have you been running E85 and what kind of performance are you seeing? What does it cost now in your area? I mostly mix E15 or 93 with E85 now to lower my fuel costs and maximize fuel economy. But full strength tanks of E85 are lovely!

I know on my 2008 he said there were certain limitations on what he could change. So on mine at least the Flex fuel tables are stock.

He also only programs with the Diablo sport tuners so I doubt he could do anything with the Bully dog tuner.

His name is Lew and his website is
http://www.diablewtune.com/

I suppose you could contact him and ask.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Hopefully, you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
T

ToddRonne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

BlackBear does not.

Welcome, how long have you been running E85 and what kind of performance are you seeing? What does it cost now in your area? I mostly mix E15 or 93 with E85 now to lower my fuel costs and maximize fuel economy. But full strength tanks of E85 are lovely![/QU

BlackBear does not.

I have been fueling up with E85 Since I got the Yukon back in Nov. 2019. Its only getting about 9.6 to 10 miles per gallon depending on how heavy my foot is. The price right now is $2.20 a gallon and I have three pumps with in my city, so I can always keep it full of ethanol. I've put cat back exhaust, cold air intake, throttle response controller, and using the bully dog BDX tuner. The performance is great on ethanol but I know it could be better with the right tune.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on my 2008 he said there were certain limitations on what he could change. So on mine at least the Flex fuel tables are stock.

He also only programs with the Diablo sport tuners so I doubt he could do anything with the Bully dog tuner.

Thanks Ken, I remembered his first name but forgot his company.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been fueling up with E85 Since I got the Yukon back in Nov. 2019. Its only getting about 9.6 to 10 miles per gallon depending on how heavy my foot is. The price right now is $2.20 a gallon and I have three pumps with in my city, so I can always keep it full of ethanol. I've put cat back exhaust, cold air intake, throttle response controller, and using the bully dog BDX tuner. The performance is great on ethanol but I know it could be better with the right tune.

Thanks! We saw a low of $1.33 or so but it's crept back up to just under $2 now. E15 is about the same. I mix them both to get 91 octane performance, better mileage than 93 and costs less than 87. Rough formula is to pump in 6 gallons of E85 and then 20 of E15 which yields an alcohol content of between 16 and 22 percent. The bummer with this stuff is you never know what alcohol content you're going to wind up with. Did the station forget to turn on the blender pump? Are they cheating? Highest alcohol content seen was 80% after about 4 tankfuls from the same station.

OP
OP
T

ToddRonne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thanks I'll look into it!!

Reaction score
Thanks! We saw a low of $1.33 or so but it's crept back up to just under $2 now. E15 is about the same. I mix them both to get 91 octane performance, better mileage than 93 and costs less than 87. Rough formula is to pump in 6 gallons of E85 and then 20 of E15 which yields an alcohol content of between 16 and 22 percent. The bummer with this stuff is you never know what alcohol content you're going to wind up with. Did the station forget to turn on the blender pump? Are they cheating? Highest alcohol content seen was 80% after about 4 tankfuls from the same station.
The highest alcohol % I've seen was 83

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh