2011 tahoe sloppy steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakeb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just bought a 2011 tahoe with 70k Miles. Tires are new but steering seems sloppy and loose and the truck seems to wander on the highway. Any ideas on what it could be?

Rule Andrews

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just bought a 2011 tahoe with 70k Miles. Tires are new but steering seems sloppy and loose and the truck seems to wander on the highway. Any ideas on what it could be?

Do you have and traction/abs lights on?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rack mount bushings are also a known issue. They're very soft, and fail often. IIRC, they're not available separately. One of the list members firmed up the feeling of the steering by wedging a spring spacer between the rack and frame. It was very interesting how much lateral movement it removed after the install.

sergio perez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum hoping I can get some help. i own a 08 Yukon hybrid 130k miles i started having issues with my traction control light flashing every time i turn while driving and losing power till my tires are straight. the traction control also flashes when in on the freeway my truck feels like its drifting side to side but the truck drives straight and steering wheel does not move. i have replaced the entire front end with the exception of the sway bar links and the rack and pinion due to being electronic steering and cost about $1000 and got it aligned after. if anybody can help or ran into this issue i would be truly thankful

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum hoping I can get some help. i own a 08 Yukon hybrid 130k miles i started having issues with my traction control light flashing every time i turn while driving and losing power till my tires are straight. the traction control also flashes when in on the freeway my truck feels like its drifting side to side but the truck drives straight and steering wheel does not move. i have replaced the entire front end with the exception of the sway bar links and the rack and pinion due to being electronic steering and cost about $1000 and got it aligned after. if anybody can help or ran into this issue i would be truly thankful

Hubs!

bnjalal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts