2011 tahoe sloppy steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnjalal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@bnjalal Did you replace those bushings yourself? How hard was it?
No, a mechanic did that, but he took off the rack steering and hard pressed the two mounts, the third one if i'm not mistaken doesn't need pressing, I could not identify which one was bad or broken so I did all three since im being charged for the whole thing.

Edit: people around say that unlike prior models(OBS and NBS), GM doesn't want consumers to hard press the mounts and a result they aren't sold separately for the NNBS, so please do your research around here before taking my word on it

Also, local dealer will sell me the whole unit for at least 1400 USD, without labor and I wont get the 6 months warranty if they did not replace the parts, refub from rock auto is a nice idea but shipping it internationally isn't very appealing to me so I had to use an alternate option

Last edited:

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bnjalal Thanks for the information bud, it's not too bad on my '14 truck so I'll leave it for now.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a steering rack bushing kit for a 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. It looks like I could just replace the larger one on the passenger side and be fine that is the one that moves and my alignment guy says needs to be fixed before he can do a proper Alignment. Got a few pics. It is an electric steering rack on the 09 Hybrid and may be a different diameter from the std fluid/pump powered rack and pinion? I think Chevy may have gone to Electric steering on ALL later models not jusy Hybrids maybe 2015 and later? Those look to be mounted differently though. It is either replace the bushing or maybe use some brass shim stock carefully cut/rolled and slid/worked in between the old bushing and the rack body to tighten it up. Maybe some .010 or heavier brass........
IMG_7607.jpg IMG_7608.jpg IMG_7609.jpg IMG_7610.jpg IMG_7611.jpg

Last edited:

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum hoping I can get some help. i own a 08 Yukon hybrid 130k miles i started having issues with my traction control light flashing every time i turn while driving and losing power till my tires are straight. the traction control also flashes when in on the freeway my truck feels like its drifting side to side but the truck drives straight and steering wheel does not move. i have replaced the entire front end with the exception of the sway bar links and the rack and pinion due to being electronic steering and cost about $1000 and got it aligned after. if anybody can help or ran into this issue i would be truly thankful

So OP it has been over a year did you get this fixed and if so what was it???? Would be great if you could save some members some time this is not the first post that i have seen about this and my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid is doing the EXACT same thing but only on really Hard Steep turns. Most of the time when the stabiltrac light flashes it still accelerates but on a steep turn when approached too fast there is NO ACCELERATION until the wheels are straight just like you stated. It can be dangerous on a tight radius interstate on ramp (not a good place to hesitate!) I have learned to slow into the turn so it does not do it. Seriously irritates drivers behind you though because they are totally ignorant of the Tahoe "Stabiltrac Quirk" LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019