2011 Tahoe PPV No Horn-Looking for Mr GoodHorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hobstexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV. This is my second Tahoe first one was a 2008. I've also owned 2 Ford Crown Victoria's loved them. Before I decided to post I have spent hours researching, looking through diagram's, old post, etc... I know their should be tan wires that need to be reconnected but maybe my situation is different. I am going to send detail pictures soon. I hope someone can solve the issues so I can get inspected and registered.

Attachments

• back of flash box.jpg
    back of flash box.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 10
  • flash logic box.jpg
    flash logic box.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 10
  • from steering wheel 3.jpg
    from steering wheel 3.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 9
  • iddy biddy box.jpg
    iddy biddy box.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 7
  • Secure Idle box.jpg
    Secure Idle box.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 10

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
hobstexas

hobstexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

I hope so it is giving me the blues!

OP
OP
hobstexas

hobstexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV. This is my second Tahoe first one was a 2008. I've also owned 2 Ford Crown Victoria's loved them. Before I decided to post I have spent hours researching, looking through diagram's, old post, etc... I know their should be tan wires that need to be reconnected but maybe my situation is different. I am going to send detail pictures soon. I hope someone can solve the issues so I can get inspected and registered.

Attachments

• Steering column view.jpg
    Steering column view.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Next to Fuse Box under hood.jpg
    Next to Fuse Box under hood.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 6
  • from steering wheel.jpg
    from steering wheel.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 7
  • close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Behind the grill.jpg
    Behind the grill.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it shouldn't be hard at all.
1. determine that the horn contact is indeed functional
2 determine that horn(s) are indeed functional
3. connect horn contact wire to horn wire
if you can't find where they cut the factory wire it is pretty easy to just run a new wire.
the horn(s) are normally grounded, so the wire from the contact to horn should be hot
if you end up running a new wire insert a 10a fuse in the hot wire as a precaution there should be one already in line to the horn contact but I don't know if that is before or after the contact it's logical to presume it would be before the contact.

OP
OP
hobstexas

hobstexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it shouldn't be hard at all.
1. determine that the horn contact is indeed functional
2 determine that horn(s) are indeed functional
3. connect horn contact wire to horn wire
if you can't find where they cut the factory wire it is pretty easy to just run a new wire.
the horn(s) are normally grounded, so the wire from the contact to horn should be hot
if you end up running a new wire insert a 10a fuse in the hot wire as a precaution there should be one already in line to the horn contact but I don't know if that is before or after the contact it's logical to presume it would be before the contact.
ok thanks I may have to get someone to do that for me.

OP
OP
hobstexas

hobstexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all their help but especially @swathdiver and @Doubeleive . Ok so it is not that hard shouldn't require a lot of effort to locate the wires. My suggestion like so many others start at center console wires where police equipment was installed and look for 6J4 bundle. I was able to find the wiring fairly quickly when you look in right place. See photos.

Attachments

• Cluster of wires.jpg
    Cluster of wires.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 15
  • Cluster of wires separated.jpg
    Cluster of wires separated.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230516_023953.jpg
    IMG_20230516_023953.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Under Radio.jpg
    Under Radio.jpg