2011 Tahoe LTZ - Rear End not even

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zonacat

Reaction score
Hard to explain. My right rear tire sits out about a 1/3-1/2" more than the left rear.

I have used a plumb line to confirm, and have changed parking locations a dozen times to adjust for any awkward ground surface.

Is this the intended design, or is this a rear end that is out of whack.

The car runs smooth, no issues there. But it is visibly noticeable. I noticed prior to putting new rims on, and even after the new rims, same issue.

Anyone else ever notice this?

Thanks in advance.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not by design that I have heard of, usually when you lower a vehicle with a solid rear axle this can happen...there is an adjustable panhard bar to correct this for those who do lower their trucks.

I'd take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
Zonacat

Zonacat

Reaction score
Thanks Boss. Wish I knew what a Panhard bar was. One wheel extends right perfect to the wheel well, while the left sits just inside it.

I have a picky eye and it was something I kept noticing, so decided to start measuring and parking on different level surfaces.

Will take to dealer if it continues to bug the sh*t out of me, which it likely will.

Any other thoughts are also welcome.

Thanks!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the way the fenders were attached (at which point I'd imagine there isn't much you can do about it). Keep us posted as to what the dealer has to say about it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna take it to the dealer you might want to put the original rims back on if you still got 'em. You don't wanna be dealing with them telling you it's on account of your rim job. :)

OP
OP
Zonacat

Zonacat

Reaction score
Thanks all. Has anyone else measured the extension of the wheels on your wheel wells? Just curious if this is standard and I am the only one noticing.

Looking underneath the vehicle, everything looks dead on straight and solidly welded. Can't determine where the discrepancy would be?

I can't put the old wheels back on as I moved the oem Bridgestones to the new rims.

Hmmmmm

I will try to post a picture of both wheels.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna take it to the dealer you might want to put the original rims back on if you still got 'em. You don't wanna be dealing with them telling you it's on account of your rim job. :)
Nicely put, haha...

OP
OP
Zonacat

Zonacat

Reaction score
Will try to post some pictures later today. Going to climb under rear end and see if there are any adjustable points that may be out of whack. Looking at panhard parts, it does not look like the right component to account for lateral left/right adjustments.

The vehicle runs smooth and straight on the hwy, it just visually bothers me as the right side looks perfect with the tire just extending beyond the wheel well, while on the other side it is flush or just inside.

Bizarre.... might drop by dealer today and ask if this is an adjustable issue or something I have to learn to ignore...

Do you have any pictures of this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Zonacat

Zonacat

Reaction score
No adjustment possible. Spoke to dealer, the entire rear end is completely fixed and there is no way to adjust for any lateral "centering". It could be as simple as an uneven spring, or as complicated as a misaligned body. Who knows. Really unnoticeable by anyone but me probably, but it bugs me. Spent a fortune on this car and I want it to be "perfect".

Pictures don't do it justice, so no need to post. I will post pix when done doing the minor work I want to finish on it.

Debating taking the side molding off. HAd it off on my 2001 Victory Red Tahoe and LOVED it. Not a big fan of the "chrome" strip on the molding, or the molding at all for that matter, but it sure looks like it is in prime position to prevent serious door ding damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb