2011 Tahoe Leaking Coolant from Tee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcsinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Forum Members,

My 2011 Tahoe has started leaking from one of the heater hose tees near the firewall. I wanted to know has anyone used the the SKP brand sold on Rockauto, here is the part numbers, I went ahead and order both but I'd like to know if yall think they will last as long as the OEM's brand.

SKP​
SK800413
SKP​
SK800414

thanks
jcs

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Forum Members,

My 2011 Tahoe has started leaking from one of the heater hose tees near the firewall. I wanted to know has anyone used the the SKP brand sold on Rockauto, here is the part numbers, I went ahead and order both but I'd like to know if yall think they will last as long as the OEM's brand.

SKP​
SK800413
SKP​
SK800414

thanks
jcs
Go OEM on those.

I have the Gruven tees that Don linked on my '07 and they're working fine, but when I had them on my '12, I couldn't get them to stop seeping, no matter what I did so I went back to OEM. If you buy the Gruven tees, don't use the worm-drive clamps they send with them. Use either spring clamps or the smooth worm drove clamps designed for neoprene hose.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the GM Genuine replacements when one of mine broke. They were about the same price as the Dorman ones. I bought mine from Amazon.

They make a little split ring removal tool if you want to buy it also.

OP
OP
J

jcsinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reponses, I ordered the two SKP products from Rockauto that should arrive today and if they look cheap I will get and install the OEM's instead. My 2011 Tahoe has 115k on it so I'm going to use the plastic ones and clamp the hoses to them.

thanks
jcs

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reponses, I ordered the two SKP products from Rockauto that should arrive today and if they look cheap I will get and install the OEM's instead. My 2011 Tahoe has 115k on it so I'm going to use the plastic ones and clamp the hoses to them.

thanks
jcs
At least you got lucky on this one and you had a warning sign. Mine completely broke off 10:00 at night driving through the hood in a heavy ass rain storm towing a boat. That sucked.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you got lucky on this one and you had a warning sign. Mine completely broke off 10:00 at night driving through the hood in a heavy ass rain storm towing a boat. That sucked.
Damn. I'll add the ac delco ones to the cart.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

thanks
jcs
I doubt very much that you will be able to make a determination regarding SKP quality, just by looking at them. I have no idea on the quality of the SKP tees, but I do know that Dorman Tees are not high quality and fail prematurely.

As stated above, when the tee lets go, you will have a major issue, if you are anywhere far away from home.

When you change out the tees, be sure to wear gloves, as the firewall insulation is quite aggressive, and your hands will itch for days.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. I'll add the ac delco ones to the cart.
Get the extension fitting as well for the inboard tee. They are known snap off too where the hose is crimped on.

OP
OP
J

jcsinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Joeseph and 89surburban,

Based on your posts, I will go ahead and get the OEM Tees and send the SKP's back to RA. I certainly will wear gloves when replacing them.

I was not going to get the extensions becuase i'm putting the hose on the Tee using clamps.

Thanks
JCS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019