2011 Suburban/Door Hinge Spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
My door hinges are in good shape but feel like they dont hold all that well when open. I would like to just replace the springs in the hinge but cant find one for the GMT900. Does anyone have a part number? The ones I found are for older models but not sure if they will work. Would like to try the springs before the entire hinge being they are ~$5 each.

2011 Suburban LTZ

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched and I'm only seeing the spring sold as part of the entire hinge assembly and not by itself. You could check the dealer, but I'm thinking that it would not be sold separately. Your best bet would be to go to a salvage yard and pick up an entire hinge assembly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My door hinges are in good shape but feel like they dont hold all that well when open. I would like to just replace the springs in the hinge but cant find one for the GMT900. Does anyone have a part number? The ones I found are for older models but not sure if they will work. Would like to try the springs before the entire hinge being they are ~$5 each.

2011 Suburban LTZ
I don't think just replacing the spring would make any difference the little ring that spins where the 3 notched arm rest's is probably what wears down the most.

OP
OP
J

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
besides trying to change that spring could result in loosing an eye or a windshield, lol

I was going to get the compressor for it. Surprisingly the rollers are good and the arms look to be in good shape. Its possible the doors are behaving like designed and I am just used to newer vehicles. Thought a cheap try would be replacing the driver spring to see if it made any difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh