2011 PPV New Owner: Hello Everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeniorTac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm very new to this vehicle, literally have had it for a week.
I'm finding out that this is going to be a "Rabbit Hole, Alice" but that's okay.
PPV HOE is in great condition overall. the previous owner installed the leather / vinyl driver and passenger seats, along with a "civilian" center console.
The engine is very strong and runs like silk! Drives extremely well, rides pretty comfortable!

So far, actually just today.....I got the DRLs to work. I did cheat and tapped off the low beams wiring, now they come on with the lights.
I will be replacing the headlight because they are pretty rough, many micro cracks.

And, not thinking that this is a former cop car.......I jumped into the rear seat, and shut the door.
BIG MISTAKE!
I finally managed to get out. I did switch the "child lock" to the unlock, but no joy. I'm pretty sure the interior handles aren't connected!!

Horn doesn't work!
- I checked fuse....was good
- I checked for voltage at the plug on the horn.....no power!
- The horn relay is clicking......I'm fairly certain the relay is PCB mounted under the fuse panel.
- I also checked the horns...used a 12v supply....they honked...so they're good.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Regards

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm very new to this vehicle, literally have had it for a week.
I'm finding out that this is going to be a "Rabbit Hole, Alice" but that's okay.
PPV HOE is in great condition overall. the previous owner installed the leather / vinyl driver and passenger seats, along with a "civilian" center console.
The engine is very strong and runs like silk! Drives extremely well, rides pretty comfortable!

So far, actually just today.....I got the DRLs to work. I did cheat and tapped off the low beams wiring, now they come on with the lights.
I will be replacing the headlight because they are pretty rough, many micro cracks.

And, not thinking that this is a former cop car.......I jumped into the rear seat, and shut the door.
BIG MISTAKE!
I finally managed to get out. I did switch the "child lock" to the unlock, but no joy. I'm pretty sure the interior handles aren't connected!!

Horn doesn't work!
- I checked fuse....was good
- I checked for voltage at the plug on the horn.....no power!
- The horn relay is clicking......I'm fairly certain the relay is PCB mounted under the fuse panel.
- I also checked the horns...used a 12v supply....they honked...so they're good.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Regards
Welcome and Congrats on the purchase!

The horn is usually a single brown wire with a black plug. It'll be unplugged and one end will have a wire tapped off of it leading to the police electronics.
You'll find it under the center stack part of the dash. Probable need to remove the front covers on the center console to find the wire.
When you do, plug it back in and horn should work just fine.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and Congrats on the purchase!

The horn is usually a single brown wire with a black plug. It'll be unplugged and one end will have a wire tapped off of it leading to the police electronics.
You'll find it under the center stack part of the dash. Probable need to remove the front covers on the center console to find the wire.
When you do, plug it back in and horn should work just fine.
I was going to suggest horn ring as well. I encountered that with theothertwin.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIG MISTAKE!
:cool::laughing1:

Welcome to the cult.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.