2010 Yukon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bignail72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I posted in an older thread, I was having major electrical issues with my wife's Yukon. I replaced both battery cables with AC Delco parts and it has solved the issue of the vehicle cutting off and going crazy while driving. Here lately though, the "hood open" light goes off constantly at times, the "washer fluid low" light is on all the time, the navigation will work at times but will jump and spin, and the rear entertainment screen doesn't work.

I'm at a loss trying to figure this out. The only thing else I can think of is either a bad BCM or there are other ground issues. HELP!!!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
As I posted in an older thread, I was having major electrical issues with my wife's Yukon. I replaced both battery cables with AC Delco parts and it has solved the issue of the vehicle cutting off and going crazy while driving. Here lately though, the "hood open" light goes off constantly at times, the "washer fluid low" light is on all the time, the navigation will work at times but will jump and spin, and the rear entertainment screen doesn't work.

I'm at a loss trying to figure this out. The only thing else I can think of is either a bad BCM or there are other ground issues. HELP!!!

Check the ground strap off the back of the block and it's connection at the firewall.

OP
OP
bignail72

bignail72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm assuming your talking about the braided cable. I've seen some people buy an universal cable from the parts house and run addition grounds since the one on the back of the block can be a b*tch to get to. I plan on looking at that this afternoon. Are there any other common issues that could be my problem?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Daniel, you cannot solve these problems easily without the most important tool made for these trucks, the Tech2. Get a subscription to AllDataDIY and or buy the shop manual in pdf form download or CD from SeriousCTBuyer on ebay.

Live on the Treasure Coast of Florida by chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2