2010 Suburban 1500 Whine Noise Engine Area During Acceleration/Pressing Gas Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chocolatestarfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey'all I get a whining sound coming from the enginer area when I press the gas pedal - please see the video. Thank you in advance!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My guess is either a serp belt noise or a vacuum leak. That trusty mechanic's stethoscope would pinpoint that noise.

If you did figure the noise out you need to post the results for future member's reference. As a new member you need to do that for all members.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My guess is either a serp belt noise or a vacuum leak. That trusty mechanic's stethoscope would pinpoint that noise.

If you did figure the noise out you need to post the results for future member's reference. As a new member you need to do that for all members.

OP
OP
C

chocolatestarfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Went ahead and bought a tensioner kit set (serpentine belt, idler pulley, etc). It should solve the problem but haven’t had the time to change it yet. Am on lockdown because of the virus

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is that the a/c belt that you stretch on when install? If not then the tensioner for the a/c belt, the big serp belt and the idler should be done and do the belts at the same time. I did all mine because of the noise ears back. Fixed it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the a/c belt that you stretch on when install? If not then the tensioner for the a/c belt, the big serp belt and the idler should be done and do the belts at the same time. I did all mine because of the noise ears back. Fixed it.
His A/C belt is stretch to fit. I had it on my 2009 suburban already and his is a 2010.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallinz