2010 Denali with CCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXDENALI

Reaction score
I just got a CCM 2.5" / 1" leveling kit installed this past weekend. Now every few times I start the truck it gives me a "suspension service needed" message. I think it may have something to do with the Air ride. Any ideas? or Concerns that I should have? I used to hear the compressor sometimes, but since I got the level kit installed I no longer ever hear the compressor coming on.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do it yourself? Is it possible that plug/wiring is now loose on the rear air ride? If someone else did it, is there any kind of warranty on the work done? If so , bring it back and have the check everything. I don't have air ride, so there might be a solution that I don't know about.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to adjust the rods on the level sensors...basically by lifting/leveling it you have now put them in an "out of range" position therefore the ECM hasn't a clue what to do. You can get some threaded rod from your local hardware store the same diameter as the stock rods and make up a full set that is longer than stock to bring the sendors back into their operating range.

OP
OP
T

TXDENALI

Reaction score
I didn't install the lift myself but I did have a shop install it. I am pretty sure all the sensors are still connected. The guy at the shop told me to take it to the dealer to have it re-calibrated and that should fix the issue. From reading on here it doesn't seem like that will work.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

You need to adjust the rods on the level sensors...basically by lifting/leveling it you have now put them in an "out of range" position therefore the ECM hasn't a clue what to do. You can get some threaded rod from your local hardware store the same diameter as the stock rods and make up a full set that is longer than stock to bring the sendors back into their operating range.

This sounds a bit difficult... I guess I would need more details on exactly what rod that I would need. I guess getting under the truck to see what rods you are talking about would be the first step.

Did you do this on your truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700