2009 Yukon Driver's Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wizzleteets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know there are a ton of threads about this, but please hear me out because I can't find this particular problem solved on any forum. I recently got 2009 Yukon Denali with heated and cooled front seats. If the cool function or the back heat only function on the drivers side are selected, they work fine. However, if the driver's side bottom and back are selected, the lights on the switch come on and it sounds like a relay clicks under the passenger seat (just as it does with the cool or back heat only). After about 20 seconds the relay clicks again but the lights on the panel stay on. However, the seat never gets warm. Once this happens, the cool function and the back heat only function are inoperable. The lights will come on when selected, but the relays no longer click, the fan won't run (for the cooling function), and the back heat will not work. If the car is shut down completely and restarted, the cooling and back heat will work again. However, if the bottom and back are selected, the problem returns. The passenger seat works completely fine all the time. I have checked the fuses on the left side of the dash, the circuit breakers under the dash, and the plugs going to the module under the front of the passenger seat. Anyway, if anyone else could shed some light on this before I start blowing money on parts, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks!

garycoral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Denali Partner - I have the same exact truck and exact problem... Worked on it a couple hrs last eve.

It's a melted plug under the passenger seat going to what's called the CCSM - Google "Escalade Heated Seat Not Working" and you'll get a lot of help from the Caddie side of the forums.

You'll have to get a new plug at least - I installed that last night but there's still a connection problem with that terminal so I'm going to take one guys advise and solder that wire directly to the connector.

Dealer gets about $700 for this fix.

Good Luck,
Gary

OP
OP
W

wizzleteets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Gary. I did find a lot of info on the Cadillac forums that led me to that module under the passenger seat. I pulled the large plug and inspected but could not see any melted wires. I'm going to go at it again and look at that module as well as a few other connection points that were mentioned by the Cadillac guys. If I have success, I'll post about it. Thanks!

OP
OP
W

wizzleteets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I checked the plugs going into the module under the passenger seat as well as the large connectors mounted on the floor behind both seats. All the connectors look new with absolutley no trace of melted wiring. Are there other connectors that should be checked?

garycoral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No - No other connectors.

My soldering didn't work - I've got a friend with the same veh so I'm going to swap out the CCSM and see if that's the problem.

I'll let you know...

DRG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
guys - new member here with similar problem on my 2010 Denali. The a/c and heat functions do not work on the driver's seat but they work just fine on the passenger side. At least my wife is happy as long as I am driving! Will work on it as time allows.

cor

Reaction score
I have just ran into the same problem with my 2009 Denali. The bottom or the back doesn't work in either both or the single mode. Only the drivers side heated seat doesn't work. The plugs on the module under the passenger side seat all look fine.

Double checking the plugs under the drivers seat didn't make a difference. The light does stay on for the switches on the drivers side door. The cooled function also works fine.

ndirish39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same thing, drivers seat, cooling worked sometimes heat not at all.

This time it was the fans on the thermoelectric devices for the seat cushion and back heating/cooling, took the dealer service dept two days to diagnose. Replaced both of the fans and the seat heat/cooling works like new.

I checked all of the plugs for melting before i took it in because that had happened once a couple years ago. Neither seat worked then and the dealer fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz