2009 Yukon Driver's Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cor

Reaction score
ndirish39, It sounds like what you had happened may very well be the problem. The research I have done on how the seats heater functions is that it uses the TED(Thermoelectric Device) to control how much heat/electricity to apply to get the seat front and back to the correct temperature.

Trying to actually diagnosis with a multimeter may be more difficult than just replacing the fan units but tonight I'm first going to try to clean the filter on the bottom one.

I found this link for someone with a Sierra Denali that looks like this was their problem. Crossing my fingers!!!!

http://www.silveradosierra.com/interior/climate-controlled-seat-problems-t314658-20.html

cor

Reaction score
I tore apart the seat and tried to clean out the TED's with a bit of air. No luck with cleaning them. The next step would probably be replacement.

ndirish39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

twashi43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have replaced seat modules on both drivers side and passengers side,swapped both blowers. Still no luck, I even reprogrammed the seat module on the drivers side. Any updates?

cor

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have replaced seat modules on both drivers side and passengers side,swapped both blowers. Still no luck, I even reprogrammed the seat module on the drivers side. Any updates?

I haven't done anything yet. My plan is to try to swap the left and right side blower parts to see if I can narrow it down that way without spending anything but my time. The hard part maybe the rear blower as it is riveted in.

lawdog302

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP, my Yukon has the exact same issue. you said the that the dealer replaced both fans? could you explain a little bit more? Are you talking about replacing the cooling fan on the cooling unit? You said both fans... On each drivers seat? or is there more than 1 fan on the drivers seat?

Im a little confused how the fan on the cooling side would prevent the seat bottom to work.
My seat back works fine when selected, but if you select both it just clicks off about 20 seconds later just like yours.

Id be interested in part numbers.

My cooling fan on the seat does cycle on and off.
Here is a link to that
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/cooled-seat-constantly-cycles-on-and-off.77881/#post-962422

ndirish39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is one fan for the seat cushion and one for the seat back. if one of them is not working it will fault out the system. the fans are used for cooling and heat if you have the heat/cooled seats, if you have just heated seats there are heating pads. i'll look for the invoice to try to get the part numbers for you.

i found this when i was trying to fix.

Temperature Delta Fault

During the heating or cooling modes, if the CCSM detects a temperature difference between the seat cushion and seat back TED temperature sensors exceeding the delta temperature listed below for more than 4 seconds, the system will enter the Temperature Delta Fault state. At which time the CCSM will set the TED voltage duty cycle to 0%, set the blower speed control to maximum voltage to blow ambient air over the TEDs, attempting to reduce the delta temperature to less than 68°F. The system will operate in this mode for 30 seconds. If the delta temperature fault still exists after 30 seconds, the system will transition to the FAULT state and remain there until the ignition has been set to OFF.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/gmc/7i4ha...e-relevant-wiring-diagrams.html#ixzz3yfT9JNNW

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu