2009 Yukon Denali XL Heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem was specifically with the black wire, the thickest one. When mine was messing up, I jiggled that one and everything worked again.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Cool, I mean heated ... lol Didn’t know the Denali has the option to get ball coolers in 09. I was
doing a little digging to see if I could determine when GM went from cooled seats to ventilated.

1) Someone correct me, but it seems 2011-12 is when GM discontinued using a TE (thermal electric) unit to cool the seat air vs. ambient air only.

2) Again, someone correct me if I’m assuming wrong, but the cooled seat option means there’s no resistance heated mat like the conventional heated heat, right? Early cooled seats use a TE to cool the air and later seats use ambient cabin air. Both early and late versions use the TE to heat the air for the occupant.

Back on topic though. Some of the failures in the heating/cooling functions come from the switch in the door. Water gets in there and kills the circuit or can also cause the seat to randomly turn on and heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johns2008

Reaction score
when one or more of you mention A/C along with heated,, i'm not sure i have A/C seats how do i find that out and is the heat not working issue to resolve the same way as one with ac?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick