2009 Yukon Denali XL Heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I realize this has been discussed in the past, but I haven't found an answer yet. My 2009 Yukon heated and AC seats do not work anymore, Both driver and passenger. the passenger motorized seat does not work either. I have looked at the common item as I found here on the page as the connector under the passenger seat. My connector is fine, no burning or melting of the plug. I have also checked the circuit breaker under the dash and swapped it with a known good breaker. Still nothing works.

1st questions, is there a fuse for the CCSM module that could have blown? (I did not see one listed in the manual)
2nd question, Could the module itself be bad? If so is there a way to test or should I just replace ?

Let me know if I may be missing anything, But I follwed through many of the threads already started about this issue and none of them seem to help my situation.

Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if I may be missing anything,

Yes, proper diagnostic tools! Welcome Bobby! There are lots of modules that interact with the heated seats and determine whether or not they work. You need access to the internal trouble codes that are stored in the BCM. Do you know anyone with a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool?

You can buy your own Tech-2 to work on your truck or get the VXDIAG NANO that comes with the software to run on your laptop do you diagnose this properly without guessing or throwing parts at it.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have scanned the BCM ( I have access to a Snap on Modis,forgot to mention this before) No codes. I also need to add that a week ago, when I unplugged the connector under the pass seat, the seats began to work for about a day. Then stopped again all together.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have scanned the BCM ( I have access to a Snap on Modis,forgot to mention this before) No codes. I also need to add that a week ago, when I unplugged the connector under the pass seat, the seats began to work for about a day. Then stopped again all together.

That's very odd. If you can use the Snap-On again, get in there and test seats, power them up through it and see what happens.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I realize this has been discussed in the past, but I haven't found an answer yet. My 2009 Yukon heated and AC seats do not work anymore, Both driver and passenger. the passenger motorized seat does not work either. I have looked at the common item as I found here on the page as the connector under the passenger seat. My connector is fine, no burning or melting of the plug. I have also checked the circuit breaker under the dash and swapped it with a known good breaker. Still nothing works.

1st questions, is there a fuse for the CCSM module that could have blown? (I did not see one listed in the manual)
2nd question, Could the module itself be bad? If so is there a way to test or should I just replace ?

Let me know if I may be missing anything, But I follwed through many of the threads already started about this issue and none of them seem to help my situation.

Thanks!

I had something similar and found another connector that comes loose and burns. It's under the passenger seat still, but on the back side. Those terminals come loose too and make the pass seat and drivers heat/cool not work.

20191204_123358.jpg 20191204_123428.jpg 20191204_123447.jpg

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's very odd. If you can use the Snap-On again, get in there and test seats, power them up through it and see what happens.

We did give that a try, no dice. Seats still do not heat/cool and pass seat wont move.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there power at the plug you disconnected? Do you have solid grounds everywhere?

I will check for this, I have not pulled the wiring diagram yet to see which wires have power

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had something similar and found another connector that comes loose and burns. It's under the passenger seat still, but on the back side. Those terminals come loose too and make the pass seat and drivers heat/cool not work.

View attachment 241284 View attachment 241287 View attachment 241288

I Found this connector to be somewhat of the problem. I haven't had much time to dig into it, But I pulled it apart, no burns or wear. Although when I re connected it, the seats started to work. I will pull it apart more this weekend and figure out the real issue. Thanks for the input here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt