2008 Yukon XL Denali Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really trying to find some options for lifting my Yukon. It has AutoRide and it is AWD. Want to go 5-6 inches. I’ve read almost everywhere trying to figure this out. Can I use any 4wd kit then get rod extenders for the stock shocks? I would think I’d need either a dual cardan shaft or a kit that comes with some drop brackets. Thanks in advance.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really trying to find some options for lifting my Yukon. It has AutoRide and it is AWD. Want to go 5-6 inches. I’ve read almost everywhere trying to figure this out. Can I use any 4wd kit then get rod extenders for the stock shocks? I would think I’d need either a dual cardan shaft or a kit that comes with some drop brackets. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Just to be clear, if your Yukon has AutoRide and has AWD, I’m assuming it also has AutoLevel. Please note that AutoRide and AutoLevel are two different things. AutoRide adjusts the dampening rate in your shocks based on road and driving conditions. AutoLevel is what keeps your vehicle level with airbags on the rear shocks based on the feedback of the height sensors at each corner.

If you are putting a 5-6” lift on your vehicle, I’m assuming you won’t care if you maintain either of these features. With that being said, I would simply by shocks and struts that are made for your lift instead of shock extenders. They will put extra side load on your shocks causing issues.

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll see what I can find. I’m not concerned about lights on my dash and things. Just want a really smooth ride with a good lift. It will be used as a hunting/farm vehicle and it rides great now.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
FYI you’re in the 2021 section. Might want to ask the mods to move this.

Most of the big names offer 6” lifts, it’s probably the most common offering. I didn’t research the options for your vehicle of course when I lifted mine, but I do recall ProComp sells a 6” for Tahoe that includes a new DC front shaft.

Some vendors make variants of lifts with auto ride adapters as I recall. Lots of people just delete it and move to a conventional suspension when doing the lift.

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t realize this was for 2021s. I’ll create a new thread in the right spot. Thanks for the info.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, what kind of terrain is a farm and hunting ground where you NEED a 6 inch lift?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is already in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member