2008 Tahoe Reverse Sensing System Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpAndDown

Reaction score
So I recently bought an 08 Tahoe LT and it has the factory reverse sensing system option. It has 3 lights on the passenger side inside D pillar which I think are green, yellow and red. These seem to work correctly but I am wondering about the audio. I get a beeps when I go into reverse and I think another single beep sometime along the way backing up but I don’t get any beeps that get closer together like I would expect to let me know I’m getting closer to an object. Does this system not really have any audio? If so I’ve never seen one work this way. Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon XL Denali, and I do not get any beeps while backing up. The three lights are either red or yellow on mine. If I back up too fast, the red light comes on, telling me that I am going too fast for this feature to work properly. If I stay under the maximum backup speed permitted by the feature, then as I approach something, I first get 1 yellow light. Then a second yellow light as I get closer, and then finally, I get all three yellow lights, when I am really close.

I don't know if this is entirely proper/correct, but that is how this feature works on my truck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently bought an 08 Tahoe LT and it has the factory reverse sensing system option. It has 3 lights on the passenger side inside D pillar which I think are green, yellow and red. These seem to work correctly but I am wondering about the audio. I get a beeps when I go into reverse and I think another single beep sometime along the way backing up but I don’t get any beeps that get closer together like I would expect to let me know I’m getting closer to an object. Does this system not really have any audio? If so I’ve never seen one work this way. Thanks
From my owner's manual:1625499165030.png

OP
OP
U

UpAndDown

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. I don’t think I get the continuous beeping, unless I just am not getting close enough. I guess I have to try it again maybe with a trash barrel or something “forgiving” like it. Joseph Garcia, you get no audio either though is that correct?

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can be pretty far away from something with my 09, and it will start a slow beep to warn me.

There should be some options for it in the dash options.
Also if you have an aftermarket stereo like i do, there is a little box that now handles the beeps.

OP
OP
U

UpAndDown

Reaction score
So yours starts with a slow beep that gets faster as you approach something? That’s how I would expect mine to work. Did they change this from 08 to 09?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17