2008 Tahoe LTZ/Replacement rear air shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridewot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need to replace my rear air shocks on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ, any recommendations? Went on rock auto and can’t find anything there? Found this on eBay, must be China made ! Not sure what the dealer wants .

Attachments

• 08E81CDC-F8CC-41CE-914A-C7581E1ABC30.jpeg
    08E81CDC-F8CC-41CE-914A-C7581E1ABC30.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 5

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What do you mean you can't find anything at RA. I see all kinds of them and I would stick with Genuine GM or AC Delco. Z55 or Z95, I own a 2005 so I don't know what you have since you did not share all the options.

Reaction score
Need to replace my rear air shocks on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ, any recommendations? Went on rock auto and can’t find anything there? Found this on eBay, must be China made ! Not sure what the dealer wants .
Arnott is also a good brand. They rebuild factory GM air shocks and come with a lifetime warranty. I think they'll also buy your old shocks with a core exchange.

Screenshot_20220724-123750_Chrome.jpg

Reaction score
Good call, I didn't realize it was in the wrong forum. I usually just click view "New Posts" and I noticed the OP mentioned 08 Tahoe so just figured....

Need an Admin or Mod to move it. Don't want to be stinking up the New Hotness forum with our Old Junk, lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott is the way to go. Anything priced at $94 for an air assist shock is cheap Chinese garbage that will fail rather quickly. I thought I was getting genuine arnott ones from eBay a few years back when I needed to replace my Z55 shocks, and they failed in less than a year. Not worth it whatsoever. Spend the price tag once on the arnott rebuilt shocks, and you’ll never have to replace them. Or it’s highly unlikely. I ended up with an arnott pair that another member sold me slightly used, for my 2006 Denali xl and that was I think at least three years ago. Haven’t given me a single issue since is taking them, they ride amazing well and they’re good quality. My truck is a work horse, up and down windy mountain roads often, snow driving for 4-5 months out of the year, and lots of towing boats the genuine arnott shocks have held up flawlessly. Rock auto usually has them in stock for a decent price.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call, I didn't realize it was in the wrong forum. I usually just click view "New Posts" and I noticed the OP mentioned 08 Tahoe so just figured....

Need an Admin or Mod to move it. Don't want to be stinking up the New Hotness forum with our Old Junk, lol
Actually had some of that “old junk.” Served me well for 9 trouble free years…have a 22 now, not as confident in it…

OP
OP
ridewot

ridewot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Arnott is also a good brand. They rebuild factory GM air shocks and come with a lifetime warranty. I think they'll also buy your old shocks with a core exchange.

View attachment 376282
Just went on RA and see the rear shocks, went on yesterday and only front were showing? Maybe they were updating the system yesterday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts